Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I press on the brakes the steering wheel starts to shake. Has anyone else having or had this happen to them? How can I fix it? What should look at?

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

The front tire are good and the brake pad are good to

·
Registered
131 Posts
Your disc brake rotors are warped causing the pedal to pulsate either get new rotors or have them turned at a shop if they are thick enough to be cut.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
From exactly what you explained your rotors ain't ”ok”
you said it only happens when you brake and you feel it in the steering wheel..that is textbook for warped rotors.
It's a cheap fix man no worries.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Could it be your brakes are crystallize if they look good. Take your brake pats off and give them a quick sand down.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's your rotors for sure, don't resurface just by new ones. The only way they get like that is by the way you drive so resurfacing will just make them less heat resistant and warp even easier. Do you drive down hill a lot riding your brakes? That would be the cause.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Caster Troy said:
It's your rotors for sure, don't resurface just by new ones. The only way they get like that is by the way you drive so resurfacing will just make them less heat resistant and warp even easier. Do you drive down hill a lot riding your brakes? That would be the cause.
Buy that is. Lol

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Yeah I'm not sure how much new rotors are for the sn197 but when I burned up pads and rotors I've always just bought new..rotors are cheap. Hell for a few extra $$ get some drilled/slotted rotors then your overheated warped rotors will be much less likely :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
SSC182 said:
Your disc brake rotors are warped causing the pedal to pulsate either get new rotors or have them turned at a shop if they are thick enough to be cut.
+10...

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Caster Troy said:
Also caused by braking and then hitting water puddles when raining, which causes warping from instant cool down! my mom has a bad thing with that, we have put already 2 sets on her car because of this lol. Ofcourse she still hasn't learned lol..just my 2 cents

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Caster Troy said:
Also caused by braking and then hitting water puddles when raining, which causes warping from instant cool down! my mom has a bad thing with that, we have put already 2 sets on her car because of this lol. Ofcourse she still hasn't learned lol..just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Killastang said:
If the rotors are in good shape what else could it be?
SSC187 answered your question. Caused by your driving habits, fast driving fast stopping. If you want to drive it like that, upgrading the rotors to a performance set will help.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Def change them or it will wear your front end out.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Killastang said:
When I press on the brakes the steering wheel starts to shake. Has anyone else having or had this happen to them? How can I fix it? What should look at?

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

The front tire are good and the brake pad are good to
Front rotors homie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts