Mustang Evolution Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Rellik said:
Then yes, I know what building you're talking about :) And I still to this day hate those RR tracks in the afternoon. Either the metrolink or some damn freight train ALWAYS shows up.
A lot of people use Sampson to dodge traffic. It parallels Magnolia on the north side of the tracks. If you continue west on it past US Battery (that's me) till it dead ends at Radio Road and go left on Radio over the tracks you end up at Magnolia or 6th at the Golf Driving Range. Good secret route. We manufacture 10,000 batteries per day from our three plants in the USA. We build batteries for Interstate Battery and sell to Yamaha, GM, Delphi and lots more. There's 5 of us that own US Battery. I'm the CFO here and only drive a humble V6 Mustang. I have the money to drive any car made but I'm not stupid. The $12,800 price was too hard to resist. I'm also a bike freak and get my speed fixes out of them. I guess I'm too lazy to force my V6 to be quick when I have a garage full of quick stuff already.

·
You want to **** me?
3,685 Posts
i want an R6 so bad... maybe this summer when i can afford it :(

a bike would be so fun... its just here in kansas, theres no use for it for about 7 months out of the year, so its kind of worthless investment unless you can pay for it all at once :|

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
ZX6RR Guy said:
A lot of people use Sampson to dodge traffic. It parallels Magnolia on the north side of the tracks. If you continue west on it past US Battery (that's me) till it dead ends at Radio Road and go left on Radio over the tracks you end up at Magnolia or 6th at the Golf Driving Range. Good secret route. We manufacture 10,000 batteries per day from our three plants in the USA. We build batteries for Interstate Battery and sell to Yamaha, GM, Delphi and lots more. There's 5 of us that own US Battery. I'm the CFO here and only drive a humble V6 Mustang. I have the money to drive any car made but I'm not stupid. The $12,800 price was too hard to resist. I'm also a bike freak and get my speed fixes out of them. I guess I'm too lazy to force my V6 to be quick when I have a garage full of quick stuff already.
Finally, a rich and wise businessman.. who doesnt have to have 6 half-million dollar cars is his garage!!! I thought only people like you existed in storybooks?? :)

BTW, I know that "secret" road ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, I got her done Friday and I tried something different. I went to Scotty's Mufflers in San Bernardino. They were going to do turbos when we all came up with the idea of side tips like the Roush setup. They didn't have the turbos with the inlet and outlet on the same side which would have been ideal. The only mufflers that would fit were the Nascar Truck racing bullet mufflers. They did a killer job. Welds are tits. The Y pipe was eliminated and a H pipe was built after the cats. They used 1 3/4 from the cats to the mufflers so I would have some back pressure. These pipes exit in front of the rear tires. Here's the good part, we used the long flat tips like the SS Camero. It looks killer. I was a little afraid of melting the side skirt because there is only a little over a half inch clearance. I think I'm okay though. I got stuck on the 91 coming back from South Coast Plaza on Saturday and everything still looks okay. The pipes sound pretty funky though. I may have to add the turbos with the inlet and outlet on the same side and keep the bullet race mufflers as resonators. The car runs great. It has definitely gained both torque and hp. You barely touch the gas and it gets up to speed quickly. The downside is the sound. It is loud as crap if you hold it on the floor. Just cruising is fine but it reminds me of the Jungle Boat ride at Disney Land. When floored it sets of car alarms and sounds like some vintage full race Mercedes Gullwing from the 50's. I'm getting sort of use to it but I've noticed a lot of cops twisting their heads. I'll give it a few weeks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'll take some. I don't own a digital camera personally but my company has a few of them. I'll get somebody out of my MIS Dept to take some shots. And to think that 15 years ago I built computers and laughed at my parents for not being able to program a vcr. That **** comes back to haunt you. Don't tease people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You can drive by on your way to work sometime. I'm usually here by 7:15. It's the only white Mustang here. I park in one of the three reserved spots to the side of the front door. Like I said before, it looks good and very professional but it sounds sort of funky. It reminds my wife of my old Cessna 172 going down the freeway. I even hear prop wash myself. I am getting the desire to buy another plane from the stupid car. My kids think it sounds like the Jungle Cruise boat. I will say this, when you get into it people look. I'm sure it's going to get ticketed sometime. Our old neighbor had a mid 70's Ferrari Dino that had a V6 in it. I kind of get that impression from it. I just don't feel V8 from it. I stand by my original thought that a V6 should be heavily muffled to sound the best. Probably GT pull offs are the best idea. They would flow fine for a V6 and would probably trick most people. I may find a set down the road. This is just a little to weird as it stands.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.