Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Set your damn e brake! I somehow forgot, got out of my car and it started to role. I tried to jump in it but she spit me out and came to rest on a wooden post 20 yards away. She came very close to ruining my day forever - luckily only the open door scraped over me as it rolled over.

Lessons learned:
1. Set your brake
2. Don't try to jump in a moving vehicle
3. Don't get run over by your own car! I'm sore all over!

My wife got mad because one of the first things I said was "I can replace the defuser with a new gt500 one!" Turning lemons into lemonade I guess. All is well!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Set your damn e brake! I somehow forgot, got out my car and it started to role. I tried to jump in it but she spit me out and came to rest on a wooden post 20 yards away. She came very close to ruining my day forever - luckily only the open door scraped over me as it rolled over.

Lessons learned:
1. Set your brake
2. Don't try to jump in a moving vehicle
3. Don't get run over by your own car! I'm sore all over!

My wife got made because one of the first things I said was "I can replace the defuser with a new gt500 one!" Turning lemons into lemonade I guess. All is well!
Lmao!! I hopped into my car successfully when she tried rolling away to the neighbors living room window! Hahaha I went head first and just grabbed the ebrake as fast as I could. The door slammed into my legs but it's better then her making my neighbors living room a drive through window hahaha

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I put in 1st or R depending on the hill so that'll lock and use the e-brake. It's the fun and downside of a manual. Glad you're ok and you didn't hit that pole too hard.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Oh dang! I had a similar accident myself last month.

I did the same thing ran after her she didn't spit me out though. I was just a few seconds late and a few feet short of stoping her.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

But on a side note I got a Cobra R Hood ;)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'd send in a claim to your insurance company for the car running you over....lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
lol try doing this with a 45 locomotive....I stopped it though. :)

Glad you made it out of that situation, I had to save my neighbor who did the same thing as you...but drunk.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Setting the parking break is something that should become habit. Im not trying to give anyone a hard time here but a two simple things will give you allot better chance at avoiding this situation...

1: Always use your parking break, even on flat surfaces. It's just a good habit to form.
2: always turn your wheels so they are pointing in such a way that the car would roll into a curb or at least into your yard or at worse house.... better your house than the neighbors.
3: (for manuals) put that sucker in gear.

If you live on a steep driveway like I used to, park that sucker sideways.... looks funny yes but at least I knew my car would stay where I parked it lol

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I was joking, because it is a parking brake and people call it an e brake.
And in a real emergent doesn't stop the car like popular belief.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Setting the parking break is something that should become habit. Im not trying to give anyone a hard time here but a two simple things will give you allot better chance at avoiding this situation...

1: Always use your parking break, even on flat surfaces. It's just a good habit to form.
2: always turn your wheels so they are pointing in such a way that the car would roll into a curb or at least into your yard or at worse house.... better your house than the neighbors.
3: (for manuals) put that sucker in gear.

If you live on a steep driveway like I used to, park that sucker sideways.... looks funny yes but at least I knew my car would stay where I parked it lol
I'm in an auto and still use my parking break. Just a habit since I hate that rolling tht the autos do in park.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I've never used the parking brake in my autos, of course they have all had the floor pedals to press and not the console style.

In my Mustang? ALWAYS. I have a manual though and it's habit now. I actually leave my car in neutral all the time. I figure it's a good habit to learn if I want a remote start some day.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've never used the parking brake in my autos, of course they have all had the floor pedals to press and not the console style.

In my Mustang? ALWAYS. I have a manual though and it's habit now. I actually leave my car in neutral all the time. I figure it's a good habit to learn if I want a remote start some day.
I just PM'd you with an off topic question.... didnt want to thread jack.... back to the show. :popcorn:

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Another good tip for you auto and manual guys n gals.

The parking brake should be the first thing you apply when you park and the last thing you release before you drive away.
Always set the parking brake before to take your foot off the brake pedal. Then place the car in park or 1st. This prevents strain on the gear especially if you're parking on a slope or incline. This eliminates that clunk when shifting out of park when parked on a slope.
Remember, your transmission is not a kickstand.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts