Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is more likely? And which would you rather see? Or what about an entirely different name altogether? Something just totally different? Thoughts on that?

I've heard rumors going both ways but I think Shelby is the more likely to happen. GT350 taking the Boss's place as the NA track car and the GT500 stays as king. Not opposed to this but, I personally would prefer a Cobra return. I just think it sounds better and more menacing. Could it possibly be cheaper too since it won't have the Shelby name and maybe using the current 5.0 with FI? Also, since going into the future with this 50th maybe dropping the old "retro" Shelby name might be a way of moving forward. Shelby can still make the GT350/500 and Ford can do the Cobra. Idk, sounds like a win-win in my book.

And what about the SE? We've had CS (for too long imo) and Boss. So what about a Bullitt or Mach 1? Or something else?

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Im so sick of the shelby name its ridiculous

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't think we will lose the "Shelby" name for at least a few years given that Ford signed a new deal for Shelby engines in 2012 that was supposed to go for a few more years. Add in the rumors of Ford doing the GT350 too and possibly buying the Shelby company. I do agree the CS has been around for too long, sort of lost its SE status if you ask me. It's not really an SE if it's always available every year lol.
A Mach1 would be nice to see roll around again. Give it the Boss like suspension tuning and a more aggressive exhaust keeping the price close to a basic GT-P but an obvious upgrade.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Got the inside scoop y'all. Won't be "Shelby" or "cobra"...

Check out this sexy beast...

The 2015 mustang II

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I say bring back Mach 1 with 302 S/C or a 351 S/C ford never made enough Mach 1 s SVT Cobras would be nice but think about why Cobras came out when they did Shelby was not with ford at those times and dont think they wud now or they can maybe make a hybrid of both Mach 1 / Cobra just saying think of 2003 Mach 1 and Cobra , add the fictional good scoop to. The Cobra and some of the Mach 1 and Cobra designs mixed done just right wud look great and make it with a 351 w S/C dual over head cams with Mach 1 hood scoop 6 speed trans sounds great , cobra jet ......

·
Registered
130 Posts
Holy rambling Batman! I like the idea of the Mach 1 returning, but honestly I don't care whether the top performer is called cobra or Shelby, it'll still be the same car.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Im so sick of the shelby name its ridiculous
For the passed couple years they put Shelby on everything. Getting old. No disrespect intended

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I'm gonna miss the boss I want one so bad!!!

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
To me the specialness of the shealby name plate is gone. Way to many of them now

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
They should bring back the cobra, I love the new Shelby. I'm sorry, but he is just a man.
The cobra, Mach 1, and bring back the lightning for the f-150

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.