Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got her back today before work and Im so happy. The heat extractor looks amazing and all the damage is gone. Ill still have to take it back for a bit of readjusting on the door, but so far so good.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
You mean you didn't do it yourself for once?!? What a shocker lol I'm wanting to see this on a 13

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked them at the body shop and he was like "sure bring it in!" Got it done for free with the other stuff they were fixing. They also had a spare Mustang hood they kept for scrap aluminum he said they practiced on before dissecting my hood. These guys are awesome. I'll take some underhood shots later when it's daylight and not raining (supposed to storm tomorrow).

I need to fab some kind of eadging to protect the underhood mat. They cut it to the opening, but it's kinda loose and needs something to hold it together.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Very Nice Sanguin! glad they put it back together well...and extractor makes a cool addition!

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Got her back today before work and Im so happy. The heat extractor looks amazing and all the damage is gone. Ill still have to take it back for a bit of readjusting on the door, but so far so good.
Expect this a lot now
"Dude, nice shelby"

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
LOL...I keep getting nice roush. he'll get used to it....just smile and yank the rug out from under 'em when you tell them what it is...heh heh

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've already been asked if it was a GT500 once, probably due to the new '13 front end. I told him it was just a regular mustang and then he asked if he could take pics... lol.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Woah that is hot! I predict many do this mod. Very nice. Congrats!

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Take pics of underside and close ups too when u get a chance. Maybr some.truck door edge molding or trunk and door seals would work. Lets see it and maybe we can come up with ideas for you. E

·
Registered
803 Posts
how is it dealing with the water? any worries about that? looks real good brother..... maybe try some 3M double stick to keep the liner stuck to the hood snugly. Are you having problems with the layers separating as well? If you are then I would pull it off entirely and use some good ol' thread and needle to sew up the exposed edge, that should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how is it dealing with the water? any worries about that? looks real good brother..... maybe try some 3M double stick to keep the liner stuck to the hood snugly. Are you having problems with the layers separating as well? If you are then I would pull it off entirely and use some good ol' thread and needle to sew up the exposed edge, that should do the trick.
Water hits the radiator cover or falls off just in front of the motor. Real GT500s are set up the same way. A guy in the Shelby forum took pics of his for me. I was amazed they don't have some kind of water guard.

Yeah, the layers are separating. I may pull it off an hem it... I can sew and it'll make it look nice.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ok, here's the pics. I braved the snow starting to fall to get this for you!

First is a top down view close up. Next is a view of where it drains, so neatly illustrated by the snow. This is the exact location of the GT500s. I got some help from a GT500 owner and he measured 11.25" from the hoods leading edge to the vent; that's where they placed it. Then and underhood shot, and a picture of the 3 hold down methods (two clips on the ends and bolt in center).

Oh, and yes, no cold air intake atm. I haven't reinstalled it since I took it to the dealership for the PCM reflash and it's been too cold or nasty for me to bother reinstalling. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts