Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 gt automatic and when it shifts into third it's shifting hard. It don't do it when the car is cold but when it warms up it does. It's almost like something is grinding cause I can feel it. Any ideas??

·
Registered
490 Posts
M_Wag said:
I have a 01 gt automatic and when it shifts into third it's shifting hard. It don't do it when the car is cold but when it warms up it does. It's almost like something is grinding cause I can feel it. Any ideas??
Do you have a tune it it?

·
Registered
490 Posts
M_Wag said:
I know I haven't done one now idk about the guy before me.
Well I have a tune in my automatic that firms up the shifts but my 3rd gears been shifting a lot harder than the other gears. Does it do it all the time?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does it when the car warms up. But when the car is cold it shifts fine just after driving it a LiL and it starts to warm up I have problems.

·
Registered
490 Posts
M_Wag said:
It does it when the car warms up. But when the car is cold it shifts fine just after driving it a LiL and it starts to warm up I have problems.
You might want to consider changing your fluids. Everyone has different feelings about it so ask around first

·
Registered
98 Posts
M_Wag said:
Well I had a similar problem on my 98. I had a friend check out the tranny for me. He said third gear was going bad. The problem is tht at a fast take off at a track or light autos aren't really meant for it and eventually go bad. The solution is getting racing valves on it. I paid about 150 but because I knew the guy. I have racing valves on mine but I don't race. When I want to do a good take off they are helpful though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Israel98 said:
Well I had a similar problem on my 98. I had a friend check out the tranny for me. He said third gear was going bad. The problem is tht at a fast take off at a track or light autos aren't really meant for it and eventually go bad. The solution is getting racing valves on it. I paid about 150 but because I knew the guy. I have racing valves on mine but I don't race. When I want to do a good take off they are helpful though.
It might or might not be that but I recommend you changing the fluids and trying the tune b4 anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts