Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 3.8l auto and i was rading about shift kits on here. People say go and get one but i needd to find one and where! and how . . . basically i dont know jack about it . . . plz help me on this. Where can i buy one? how much? is it worth it? etc etc etc :confused:

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
google is your friend. ;)
geez your a mod and thats all you could say :disgust:

dont get a valve body shift kit its a waste of money imo, there are shift kits out there that can actually do some good but not the ones that just **** with your valve body. some shift kits make you change some of your planetary gears and pump gears but there isnt one out for the 4r70w
just get a tranny cooler from summit racing.com or jegs.com

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
go to that link find the tranny you have then check to see if it have jerry mod next to it click it then , it shows you how to do the jerry mod

·
Registered
567 Posts
232stang said:
geez your a mod and thats all you could say :disgust:

dont get a valve body shift kit its a waste of money imo, there are shift kits out there that can actually do some good but not the ones that just **** with your valve body. some shift kits make you change some of your planetary gears and pump gears but there isnt one out for the 4r70w
just get a tranny cooler from summit racing.com or jegs.com
wtf are you talking about?? My b&m valvebody improved how my trans worked 100x over stock. Stock slow sloppy shifts are pathetic...

get a good shiftkit (ie jerrymod, b&m) and you'll be MUCH happier.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
those shift kits just **** up your acumalators, there are better tgings to do to a tranny than a valve body shift kit. all they do is make the shift firmer and shorter thus ****ing up your acumalators.

·
Registered
567 Posts
232stang said:
those shift kits just **** up your acumalators, there are better tgings to do to a tranny than a valve body shift kit. all they do is make the shift firmer and shorter thus ****ing up your acumalators.
and what's different between the b&m shiftkit and a jerry mod shiftkit???:wtf2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
When my chip was burnt they changed the rev limiter and added line pressure to make a firmer harder shift I have a 2600 stall too. my trans is just fine and i run high 13s in my v-6. My sugestion is if you plan on haveing a chip done let the computer change your shift points, line pressure and move the rev limiter up to 6000 -6200 rpm.
my trans is stock except for the stall. a stall will be good for 3-4 tenths and you can get one for about 400-450 at EDGE RACING and a chip can be burnt or flashed for about 200-300 bucks.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
smokin6 said:
When my chip was burnt they changed the rev limiter and added line pressure to make a firmer harder shift I have a 2600 stall too. my trans is just fine and i run high 13s in my v-6. My sugestion is if you plan on haveing a chip done let the computer change your shift points, line pressure and move the rev limiter up to 6000 -6200 rpm.
my trans is stock except for the stall. a stall will be good for 3-4 tenths and you can get one for about 400-450 at EDGE RACING and a chip can be burnt or flashed for about 200-300 bucks.
exactly make a chip handle all your changes, not some cheap valve body shift kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts