Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what exact transmission my 03 auto mustang has because i am looking to get a shift kit. Is it worth getting one :confused: . Which would be the best. Also i am looking too get spark plug wires. I know there wont be a hp gain but are they worth it :confused:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That Jerry mod might be fine and dandy, but B&M and Transgo, and Superior, and these other companies that make shift kits know their stuff pretty darn good really they do. I have a B&M kit in my 99GT, works real good, the transmission man who installed it swears by them too. :cool:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Jerry mod? :confused:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
dont go with transgo for 99+ thats what ive alwasy herad and DO NOT get an electronic shift kit.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
just heard issues... just be leary with what ever kit you get and do some research on the fourms for problems.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
232stang01 said:
what does/will it do? would it screw up anything (permanantly?)
in the shop we have had about 5 trannys come in because of those electronic shift kits, it causes bad slippage

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
SpectorV said:
just heard issues... just be leary with what ever kit you get and do some research on the fourms for problems.
I hadn't heard anything bad, untill after i got it installed :lol:
But haven't experienced any problems

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
232stang01 said:
what does it cost on arerave to put a regular shift kit in?
like 100 bucks, but you acn do it your self if your the least bit mechanically inclined, just take off the oil pan, drain the fluid, take off the filter, then remove the valve body, then separate the two valve body pieces, you might have to drill a hole in the separator plate and replace some springs, then put every thing back on.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Dark02Pony said:
^ agree'd , any idea what ballpark would be for a deceint shift kit and torque converter
do the jerry mod shift kit andget a 2800 stall tq converter. install should run about 300-400

1 - 20 of 24 Posts