Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a shift kit for a 2001 Mustang v-6, 3.8 liter, automatic... help me, please. links are always welcome.... this is my Christmas present this year I hope :D :banana: (notice quote in sig)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so $100 for a kit that doesn't say it'll fit my car... not exactly happy about that. That's for the Trans-Go one, I still have to purchase the install too.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I would stay away from the transgo on the 99 and up. There has been problems associated with them. For 94-98 they are fine I have one. There are others to choose from by Superior and B&M

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B&M doesn't make a kit for my car, and I haven't found a Superior one yet... I need help

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Will a shift kit really make that much of a difference? If so I may look into one for mine

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet, I happen to have their catalog with me, I'm looking at it right now (Summit Racing)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
lowflyn said:
Will a shift kit really make that much of a difference? If so I may look into one for mine
A shift kit will make a noticable difference. A shift kit and a SCT custom chip or tuning will make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, looked at the B&M, looked at fitment, and this is copied and pasted:

MakeFORDTransmission Type4R70WBeginning Year1996Ending Year1999

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
hmmm could it be the book is from 99? it seems like a 99 would be the same as yours...

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
no, they changed the location of something in the tranny between 00 and 01

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
yeah they added a check valve of some sort
hmm interesting, would that work on a 00 then if they changed between 00 and 01?

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can anyone help?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a transgo and mine is a gt so the trans works a little harder. It has been fine with no problems whatso ever. It was not extremely difficult but install is a cost you have to consider. I got mine off ebay new for $90. I would suggest just getting a programmer/ chip and have them firm the trans up that way AND get some more ponies under the hood. two birds:eek:ne stone!

Ted

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I have not heard of any problems with people with 99 or 01 using the same shift kit. The best option for you is to call B&M or Superior and ask them about compatibility.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok... how much am I looking at for install? As in, what's a good rate?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Takes about 2.5 to 3 hours for a transgo @ 60-75 an hour. If you know absolutely anyone with a little know how on trannies they could help you out. they are not hard, just time consuming. I had a ford Tech put mine in. We had a lift and everything and it still took 3 hours. he is very picky and triple checked everything, though!

Ted

1 - 20 of 25 Posts