Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Would a shift knob that says it fits 5/16" to 9/16" fit my 02 gt? (8-15mm)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hey guys. Would a shift knob that says it fits 5/16" to 9/16" fit my 02 gt? (8-15mm)
Yes, the shift knob thread is M12 x 1.75. However it sounds like it is a "universal" knob that comes with unthreaded plastic inserts, so while it will fit--it will fit like crap...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw it at advance for like 20 bucks. It was a .44 magnum novelty shift knob. Just thought I'd try it for fun

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Kinda' neat, those universal fit knobs can be fun however it is usually a limited engagement as the finish wears off, the plastic inserts distort, and it starts looking like crap and wobbling around...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Kinda' neat, those universal fit knobs can be fun however it is usually a limited engagement as the finish wears off, the plastic inserts distort, and it starts looking like crap and wobbling around...
+1. The plastic wears out really quick. I tapped an orange "5" ball for my shifter and love it!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I make shift knobs from billiard balls, using aluminum inserts and jam nuts for those that require alignment:

drilling the ball:

machining the bushing:

finished bushing:

The bushing is epoxied into the ball.

I used this ball to make one for a customer, then one for myself:

·
Registered
991 Posts
^ give this man your patronage! I really like mine, and I tapped the ball with no insert, and use thread tape. Cliffy's way of doing it is even nicer. If you have big hands it's a great feel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I make shift knobs from billiard balls, using aluminum inserts and jam nuts for those that require alignment:

drilling the ball:

machining the bushing:

finished bushing:

The bushing is epoxied into the ball.

I used this ball to make one for a customer, then one for myself:
Dude id love to buy one of those from you do you just sell them locally or would you ship them?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Dude id love to buy one of those from you do you just sell them locally or would you ship them?
I mostly sell at local shows, however I can certainly ship them. I have cue balls and 8-balls in stock but can order a wide array of others including the eagle, and other billiard ball and a variety of cue balls with team logos, etc.

PM me...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Is it just me, I can't see the pictures
What operating system and browser are you using? They are just straight HTML IMG links to my hosting server--same as the photo of my car in my signature...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I will speak to my hosting service about this, there should be no reason from my end that you cannot view the images. Can you see this (I limited the size):

·
Registered
280 Posts
I will speak to my hosting service about this, there should be no reason from my end that you cannot view the images. Can you see this (I limited the size):
Still can't... I'm on gingerbread old school ATRIX so that might be it.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Just looked on laptop... Awesome!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts