Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
If your car is under warranty it might be better to have the dealer do it. If something goes wrong with the tranny and they see the MGW in there they might disallow the warranty no matter how well it was installed. That why I have my mods done by the dealer. If they see the aftermarket part, my reply would be "well, you did it." Just my thought on the matter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If your car is under warranty it might be better to have the dealer do it. If something goes wrong with the tranny and they see the MGW in there they might disallow the warranty no matter how well it was installed. That why I have my mods done by the dealer. If they see the aftermarket part, my reply would be "well, you did it." Just my thought on the matter.
I don't think he needs to worry. The worst that could happen is the bolt connecting the shifter arm to the pivot cup / linkage coming out. All that would do is not let you shift gears. This shifter can't cause things on the car to break. If anything does it will be user error which isn't covered under warranty anyway. Plus if you bring parts to a dealer they will put them on but not warranty the labor, so its no different than if he, or another shop did the work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thinking about getting one but man $470.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
It is completely worth every penny. I was iffy about the price as well, but when I got the parts in hand all doubt was removed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
774 Posts
It is completely worth every penny. I was iffy about the price as well, but when I got the parts in hand all doubt was removed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thinking about getting one but man $470.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
as said above, it is worth every single penny!!!! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
I scored mine used from someone that upgraded his tranny to a Tremac. I will say these are rarely for sale used which says a lot about peoples satisfaction. Expensive but fairly priced for what you get. I was originally unimpressed with mine (never had issues with my OEM) but after driving a friends car with the OEM after getting used to the MGW I was appaled how floppy the oem shifter was....go for it!

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
If you had a choice to either have a dealership do it or some random squirrel to do it, get the squirrel to do it.

Adventure till you drop

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone here upgraded to mgw from like a ford racing. If so is worth it Thanks in advance for any input. And I say install your self if you any type on mechanical aptitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone here upgraded to mgw from like a ford racing. If so is worth it Thanks in advance for any input. And I say install your self if you any type on mechanical aptitude.

Also on referring to mgw race spec. Thanks again

·
Registered
774 Posts

I went from a Barton (they make the Ford Racing shifter) to the race spec, the Barton offers solid shifts but it is more mechanical, not as smooth and seamless as the MGW race spec. glad I made the change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea im thinking about getting the MGW as well. I got a Grind when i shift 2nd to 3rd fast or at a high RPM(shifts fine when shifting normal or not shifting quick). Someone mentioned that the MGW would take car of that

21 - 33 of 33 Posts