Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So swapped my 3.8 to a 4.6 last summer and supposedly the Drivetrain all came from a 2000 GT, thus I assumed I had a T-45. Well under that assumption I ordered a t-45 MGW shifter, but there was an issue. According to George at MGW the T-45 does not have the little bottle cap piece/spacer on the bottom of the shifter, which you have to swap on to the new shifter. Long story short I swapped it on the MGW and bolted it down, but there was a ridiculous amount of force required to shift and I could only get into two gears, thus i pulled it immediately and called MGW and George said the T-45 does not have that piece on the bottom of the stock shifter so I actually have a T-3650. Can anyone confirm this that the T-45 does not have this piece? Thank you.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I just got my answer from American muscle website on their shifter install instructions. I def have a 3650.

.***If you have a TR-3650 transmission, make sure to transfer the plastic bushings from the end of the shifter to your new shifter, or your transmission will not operate properly***

1 - 2 of 2 Posts