Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my tranny is going out. Sometimes from first to second it does a neck breaking jerk that shakes the whole car. I got it diagnosed at a transmission place and try told me that the tranny will take a dump whenever it feels like it. I've been experimenting with manually shifting from 1st to 2nd, then to drive. It shifts smoothe but I'm not sure if it'll mess up my transmission or not. Any comments?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
shifting up is fine...shifting down is a no no..if it helps you keep the trans running till you can buy a new one go for it

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shifting up is fine...shifting down is a no no..if it helps you keep the trans running till you can buy a new one go for it
Yeah, I've tried shifting down. It's worse than the kick I get. Thanks. I guess I'll shift till I can afford a transmission :D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
So my tranny is going out. Sometimes from first to second it does a neck breaking jerk that shakes the whole car. I got it diagnosed at a transmission place and try told me that the tranny will take a dump whenever it feels like it. I've been experimenting with manually shifting from 1st to 2nd, then to drive. It shifts smoothe but I'm not sure if it'll mess up my transmission or not. Any comments?
My 99 auto had the exact same neck breaking jerk from 1-2 shifts..was told the tranny needed replacing and it was gonna sh!t out soon enough..well 2 years and 25k miles later it still held up fine, and I sold it..

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 99 auto had the exact same neck breaking jerk from 1-2 shifts..was told the tranny needed replacing and it was gonna sh!t out soon enough..well 2 years and 25k miles later it still held up fine, and I sold it..
Yeah I've had that car for a year and a half now and the transmissions been like that but just recently started getting worse. But hell, that tranny sure can take a beating :D

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Id flush the fluid and look for metal..then refill with nice new fluid and tranny conditioner by lucas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts