Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When going down the interstate , my car starts to shimmy checked everything . Could it be my dive shaft?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Shimmy as in vibrate or as in sways right to left? Give us some more details about the car (Year, Miles, Mods, etc.). It could be a number of things! A few that come to mind is the alignment, tire balance, suspension joints, driveshaft, etc..

Get back me to me with as much detail as you can provide. We can trouble shoot from there!

Shane

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New tires , new ball joins , new breaks ,new motor mounts , new tranny mounts , new control arms . It vibrates basically enough to feel it and the steering wheel bounces

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have this problem too and can't figure out what it is once I hit 65 though so I don't usually worry about it unless I want to go faster lol. I heard basically every V6 Mustang has this problem but not the V8's, I wonder if it is a weight issue but I'm sure their are a lot of sixxers that don't have this problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine just started not to long ago , I'm really thinking its the driveshaft but then again it could multiple things

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have this problem too and can't figure out what it is once I hit 65 though so I don't usually worry about it unless I want to go faster lol. I heard basically every V6 Mustang has this problem but not the V8's, I wonder if it is a weight issue but I'm sure their are a lot of sixxers that don't have this problem.
There are many more that dont have that problem. Both of mine included.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
New tires , new ball joins , new breaks ,new motor mounts , new tranny mounts , new control arms . It vibrates basically enough to feel it and the steering wheel bounces
Mine just started not to long ago , I'm really thinking its the driveshaft but then again it could multiple things
Is the car lowered at all? Did you make any changes to the car right before the vibration started? Or were you just driving and one day it started, with zero changes to the vehicle?

Shane

·
Registered
110 Posts
Could honestly be a number of things especially since you've done all that wk at one time. I see you didn't say anything about the brake rotors being changed or turned. Did you have that done done too?

As for you redstang. I had a similar issue some years ago myself. Only appears when I reached about 60-65 as well. It turned out I had to get my rotors turned. N problem solved for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts