Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 V6 Coupe, with 64800 miles. I would like to upgrade the shocks, starting with the rear first. Now I know this may bring discussion as does the , which oil is best but I would like to know which brand and type of shock would be best. I am not lowering the car just using as a daily driver, come spring, and enjoy the ride and looks of it. Any suggestions woul be helpful, also, is this something I would be able to undertake myself ? I have had Jeeps, CJ's, in the past where I changed the shocks myself. Thanks again..:confused

Dan

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I have a 2003 V6 Coupe, with 64800 miles. I would like to upgrade the shocks, starting with the rear first. Now I know this may bring discussion as does the , which oil is best but I would like to know which brand and type of shock would be best. I am not lowering the car just using as a daily driver, come spring, and enjoy the ride and looks of it. Any suggestions woul be helpful, also, is this something I would be able to undertake myself ? I have had Jeeps, CJ's, in the past where I changed the shocks myself. Thanks again..:confused

Dan
Honestly with that low mileage I wouldn't replace the shocks/struts unless you experience problems with the suspension or plan to lower or race it soon. I'm gettin Tokico D-spec shocks/struts soon when I buy the rest of my suspension parts to lower the car. But I'm also not only doing it because I'm lowering it, but because my car has 115k miles and needs it. Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I believe you are right. I do not plan to lower or race the car. It really has no driveability problems.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
^If its not broke dont fix it, lol

I've actually been looking for shocks and struts for my baby but shes all original at 138K miles, she sorta needs them, lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Camo, those doors on Krystina, are just awsome. Where did you have your exhaust done, or was this something you did ? :2cents:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts