Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure when I'm gonna gonna do this upgrade, but I wanna get some opinions from some of y'all to get an idea of what's out there. I have a Ford racing x pipe and axlebacks if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Another fellow country boy, alright....I would go with short tubes for clearance and keeping your x pipe intact. Long tubes make more power and offer better performance but are a little picky on ground clearance, they tend to hang lower to the ground than shorties also you would have to mod your x pipe to use it

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Long tubes. Shorties are not worth the trouble. They are but aren't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would say long tube but that's just an opinion. I know you will lose some low end grunt (torque) but that's not that bad. A throttle body would replace that and more. I'm doing same mod Thursday so ill let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses everybody. I've heard of the clearance issues with the long tubes but I think I could probably live with that, I'm pretty careful about where I drive because of my chin spoiler and ride height already. I guess it just seems like compromise decision on what each has to offer. Thanks for the input guys!

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I would say long tube but that's just an opinion. I know you will lose some low end grunt (torque) but that's not that bad. A throttle body would replace that and more. I'm doing same mod Thursday so ill let you know how it turns out.
And let me know how that goes! Are gonna get some dyno pulls afterwards?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts