Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I recently installed a short throw shifter from am, the install went great, and works great, just curious if anyone else had experience with one... Mainly cause I hear slight noise from the tranny now... Not really a bad noise its faint, not sure if it's something wrong or normal... Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have the same noise and it hasn't gone away and my clutch peddle seems a little too soft and makes a noise as I push down on it. The noise happens a every time I push down on the clutch anyone know what this can be /:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hey I recently installed a short throw shifter from am, the install went great, and works great, just curious if anyone else had experience with one... Mainly cause I hear slight noise from the tranny now... Not really a bad noise its faint, not sure if it's something wrong or normal... Thanks
I noticed mine was a good bit louder on my fox body and when I took the boot of I noticed I hadn't bolted the rubber boot that goes over the shifter to the floor all the way so I was getting a lot of road noise. You may want to check that.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have the same noise and it hasn't gone away and my clutch peddle seems a little too soft and makes a noise as I push down on it. The noise happens a every time I push down on the clutch anyone know what this can be /:
I had that same noise on my fox body. Don't know exactly what part it was, but I bought a new cable, quadrant, pressure plate, throwout bearing and clutch and it went away lol. I think it had to be the pressure plate or the throwout bearing since both were the originals with about 120k miles. Throwout bearing is the cheapest to replace obviously.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

That may be your throw out bearing, same thing when mine went, but the clutch was NT soft like u said, so I don't know.
Yup, just what I was thinking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts