1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Shifter

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Although the hurst is pretty cool, I'd firm up your shifter them buy a hurst ball.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have the Barton bracket. It is the older version and though the newer version is easier to install the difference between them functionally is really very minor. I also had the SVE short throw too. It is in my tool box. It did firm up the shifts a bit and had a shorter throw and also raised the handle up and back which was nice but I noticed reverse was a pain in the ass and made noise. I opted to go back to the stock shifter with just the Barton bracket. The bracket will make a huge difference alone. Then you would probably have enough for springs too.. Try the bracket first. Quite a few people have just done the bracket and feel it is plenty good.

The Steeda and UPR brackets are of really good quality as well fyi so dont be scared to get those. They all work well and get very positive reviews.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats whats bringing this whole thing on. I raced my mom in her srt8 charger i went for 2nd and missed it and i havent heard the end of it from her yet. But i think im going to go with the steeda shifter from what ive heard its pretty good. Any i want to get a nice shifter ball for it too. I have one of those expensive digital ford balls on it right now and i hate it.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Anyone have the ford racing lowering springs? How do like them?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thats whats bringing this whole thing on. I raced my mom in her srt8 charger i went for 2nd and missed it and i havent heard the end of it from her yet. But i think im going to go with the steeda shifter from what ive heard its pretty good. Any i want to get a nice shifter ball for it too. I have one of those expensive digital ford balls on it right now and i hate it.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Anyone have the ford racing lowering springs? How do like them?
Oh... Geez I can see where that would be a thorn in your side lol. Try the bracket first. It makes it 1000 times better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts