Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
fast64 said:
MGW also sells a short shifter..... http://www.mgwltd.com/
i like how that thing looks. and i hear that the pro 5.0 shifter is flat, so its not on a angle towards the driver which is good for and old fox body but not on a 94 up car.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
oaktonarcher said:
i like how that thing looks. and i hear that the pro 5.0 shifter is flat, so its not on a angle towards the driver which is good for and old fox body but not on a 94 up car.
you need it angled towards the driver in any mustang, reaching for the shifter is a problem thats plagued every mustang since 1964 (donno about the 05 though). i like how the mgw shifter is adjustable to be flat or angled, and you can raise or lower the height of it. i still havent decided if i want the mgw shifter for its performance or a hurst shifter for its looks

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the only issue i have wtih B&M, and they may have fixed this, is the springs are not nearly as springy, they are alot more slack vs the steeda, and the shifter handle is to short so its harder to reach, but any of them will be fine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would recommend the Triax it will make much smoother shifts when you are try to get through the gears quickly.
(donno about the 05 though).
The 05's have a remote linkage instead of a direct linkage which puts the shifter closer to you and makes a more comfortable shift. :good:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mjcorn23 said:
I would recommend the Triax it will make much smoother shifts when you are try to get through the gears quickly.

The 05's have a remote linkage instead of a direct linkage which puts the shifter closer to you and makes a more comfortable shift. :good:
I agree, plus I like the angle on them it is a little closer to you, instead of straight up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts