Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
There's plenty of threads about these if you wouldn't mind searching for them. I know one just popped up yesterday

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Steeda tri axe for precise, mechanical feeling shifts. MGW for more comfortable shifts from what I've read. I have the tri axe and love it.
MGW is comfortable? I've had 3 people try to drive my car and can't find gears at all...I'm all "stop, just stop and get out"

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I was confused by the "comfortable" comment as well--I don't know what that means?

As to people having problems with the MGW shifter, my experience has been they try to "horse it" into gear rather than letting the centering spring do its thing. I find it so effortless that sometimes when driving I find I have shifted gears and don't really remember doing it...

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I was confused by the "comfortable" comment as well--I don't know what that means?

As to people having problems with the MGW shifter, my experience has been they try to "horse it" into gear rather than letting the centering spring do its thing. I find it so effortless that sometimes when driving I find I have shifted gears and don't really remember doing it...
What really confuses people in my car is when in reverse it looks like it's in second....

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
It's a mustang not an old truck that you gotta reach over the whole cab to get it in gear.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Perhaps that wasnt the correct description then, my mistake.
With further thought I can relate to that description in a way. After a bit you become comfortable with it, and learn to stop trying to "make it" move between the gears...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts