Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to buy a Steeda Short Shifter and Bracket, looking around, I notice there are a lot of used ones up for sale, too many actually. Am I missing something? Is there an issue with them causing people to pull their relatively new shifters/brackets and sell them? I keep seeing Steeda Triax and Barton short shifters and brackets up for sale on Craig's list and eBay. Am I just being paranoid?

· Registered
1,157 Posts
If you are looking to replace your shifter go with Barton. The steeda and hurst short shifters only give you a 20% reduction in throw. But the Barton gives you 40% reduction in throw. And the Barton's build quality is top notch. Trust me my buddy had the steeda in car and I have the Barton. After I got my shifter I let him drive my car and he was wowed by How much shorter my throw was.

· Registered
71 Posts
Take a look @ the MGW. Installed mine the other day and took it for a 50 mile drive today. Interstate & city. Love it. Hurst was my first choice (I'm old school) & seriously considered the Barton but after watching the MGW video I was hooked. I know it's more $$$ & most of us have budget constraints, so do your research & get what's best for you. Just my 2 % but I'm thinking anything's better than the stock unit.

· Registered
2019 Mustang GT - Steeda Edition
1,159 Posts
The Steeda Tri Ax shifter has gone through many tests and studies and we have determind that the 20% throw is ideal for the driver, the transmission and ultimately for not missing a gear. Our shifter gives you the confidence that when you shift from 2nd to 3rd gear that you will hit the correct gear as opposed to having a gummy feeling and shifting back into 1st , into 5th, or just missing a shift. Our shifter has crossed the finish line in first place more times than the competition and that is something we are proud of.

Here is an article that 5.0 did on our shifter:

Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter For 2011 Ford Mustang GT - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Let me know if i can help assist with any thing?

Best Regards,

TJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.