Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 GT and l looking at getting a stack racing short throw shifter. Are they worth buying or should I just stick with my regular shifter? How much does it help compared to the regular shifter besides the obviously stuff like shorter throw lol.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I would look into MGW, they make the best short throw shifter for our cars. I have one and it was a great upgrade from stock.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
They are great to have makes shifting easier with less movement. I got a pro5.0 shifter and it's great.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
bullitt1075 said:
I would look into MGW, they make the best short throw shifter for our cars. I have one and it was a great upgrade from stock.
+1

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

StangerBanger04 said:
Are they hard to get used to after you install one?
No not at all. Here's thread on how to install it. http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t303945/

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
No, it's a lot easier. You dont have to move the shifter much to go from 2-3 gear

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a winner to me. I'm thinking the MGW shifter! Where is a good website to buy? Is it the best short throw?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ight sweet I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Is it easy to miss a gear when you have a short throw since the gears are so close together or something you don't really have to worry about?

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Ight sweet I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks man!

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Is it easy to miss a gear when you have a short throw since the gears are so close together or something you don't really have to worry about?
You're gonna have to try NOT to miss a gear. The spring loaded baseplate makes of pretty hard to miss a gear unless you're trying to miss it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I've only missed gears a few times because my hand slipped to push it to third and the other times just racing hard and shifting slow I missed but other than that it's faster shifting

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You won't regret purchasing this shifter, The gear changes are firm and precise, making it real difficult to miss a gear. Plus MGW makes gun parts as their first occupation, so everything is precisely machined to a very high standard.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Oh, and remember if they include the shift stops(mine was sent without them), remove them. Our transmission has shift stops built in, and if you use an aftermarket shift stop you may damage your transmission.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
You won't regret purchasing this shifter, The gear changes are firm and precise, making it real difficult to miss a gear. Plus MGW makes gun parts as their first occupation, so everything is precisely machined to a very high standard.
I still plan to get one at some point. I don't think the dude who made the install guide hangs around anymore.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts