Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
pro 5.0 and steeda's Tri-ax are generally preferred. most everyone has the tri-ax though

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
doesnt the steeda basically put the car in third for you and really help against missing gears?

·
Registered
941 Posts
steedas are a little firmer yes in engaging third, but i haven't missed a 3rd shift on my b&m, but yeah steedas are a little harder.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ZimStang said:
doesnt the steeda basically put the car in third for you and really help against missing gears?
its spring loaded. but so is the pro 5.0

·
Registered
414 Posts
When I was doing my research to find the best one, just about everybody saidTtri-Ax, and I got it. Install was easy and I love it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The steeda and Pro 50 basically felt the same to me, but the steeda was a bit more comfortable.

my buddy matt had a b&m ripper shifter in his car, i never got to drive it tho, but hes selling it, for like 70 dollars shipped.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm fond of the triax and unless someone gives me another one I don't see any
reason to switch. I've heard that the triax is louder (transmits more drivetrain
noise) than the pro5.0. This makes the pro5.0 a more popular choice for the 03
cobra as people paying a lot for their car aren't going to want to hear that noise.
I've ridden in a friend/customer's 03 cobra after I installed a triax for him. It was
kind of loud but he also told me it was loud before too.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
www.stangshifters.com
www.ebay.com - thunder motorsports i believe

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I don't understand all this shifter stuff, used to be either you had a stock shifter, or you had a Hurst, there was no substitute, now you hardly even hear of them, I did see a hurst shifter advertized for the stangs somewhere though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts