Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im seeing a lot of mgw assuming thats whats best to go with?
Just one question is it hard to get into reverse?
Only reason i ask is cause my friend has a gti and said its a pain " i alrrady know all vw's u have to push down before going into reverse"

·
Registered
396 Posts
These transmissions are notoriously known for reverse issues. Just throw it in 5th, ease the clutch out to where it barely grabs, push the clutch back in and it pops right into reverse. Our transmissions inherited a design flaw, enough there was a TSB issued for it. I have a pro 5.0 and that sh!t is like butter!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These transmissions are notoriously known for reverse issues. Just throw it in 5th, ease the clutch out to where it barely grabs, push the clutch back in and it pops right into reverse. Our transmissions inherited a design flaw, enough there was a TSB issued for it. I have a pro 5.0 and that sh!t is like butter!
I have a T56 trans , its not hard getting in to reverse. I just heard the short throw was if i do have a problem into 6th then R?

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Rich04 said:
I have a T56 trans , its not hard getting in to reverse. I just heard the short throw was if i do have a problem into 6th then R?
I have the mgw orange on my t56, no issues with reverse. Make's 3rd a cake walk.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
MGW is awesome...I've had people that get in it not be able to find reverse...but it's a short throw...put some muscle in it and push that biotch all the way over them down...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have an MGW shifter with my t45 and I have a lot of trouble with reverse so much to the point I don't use it anymore at all really. T45's have a bad shift fork situation due to some non cnc machinist doing his job improperly. There are 3 different shift forks for 5th/reverse gears and its a pita to fix it in the car. Good shifter, ****ty transmission.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have the SR performance short shifter from AM..finds 3rd for you, I've driven an MGM, and tri ax, and too be honest, this SR is wayyyy better than a tri ax, and is up there with MGW...plus MGM could take a few weeks just to ship out to you, I got my SR 2 days after order..I love it

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have an MGW shifter with my t45 and I have a lot of trouble with reverse so much to the point I don't use it anymore at all really. T45's have a bad shift fork situation due to some non cnc machinist doing his job improperly. There are 3 different shift forks for 5th/reverse gears and its a pita to fix it in the car. Good shifter, ****ty transmission.
Exactly.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the hurst and I have had no problems with getting into 3rd or reverse. It is notchy but it's a short throw what do you expect. Other than that it's a great piece.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Im seeing a lot of mgw assuming thats whats best to go with?
Just one question is it hard to get into reverse?
Only reason i ask is cause my friend has a gti and said its a pain " i alrrady know all vw's u have to push down before going into reverse"
And a VW GTI has what at all to do with a Mustang GT?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I was saying he said its hard to get into reverse cause of his short throw. And im pretty sure iv seen that sometimes its a pain.
It very well may be, however I repeat--what does a wrong-wheel-drive Euro econobox have to do with a New-Edge Mustang?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It very well may be, however I repeat--what does a wrong-wheel-drive Euro econobox have to do with a New-Edge Mustang?
Because i wanted to know if it would be hard to get into reverse or not .. I had a question to ask and used that as an example..

Like cobrarunnin9s said.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.