Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to shorten the length of the throttle linkage? I want to put a plenum spacer but the extra length on the throttle body opens up the throttle. 97 GT.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Is it possible to shorten the length of the throttle linkage? I want to put a plenum spacer but the extra length on the throttle body opens up the throttle. 97 GT.
Do u mean extend?

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Do u mean extend?
Cable wise extend yes linkage however i dont think so but im sure someone will chime in

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Do not waste money on a plenum spacer--you are not driving a Civic. Save the money 'til you have enough to buy an aftermarket upper plenum.

The upper plenum is the weak point on our cars's intakes--in fact any aftermarket plenum with the stock 65 mm TB will flow more air that the stock plenum with a 75 mm TB. Here are Accufab's flow bench numbers, with comments by your's truly...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the candor. I like the idea of the Poweraid spacer because of the promised sound change. I will be getting a plenum and TB here soon after I (finally) receive my tuner and gears. I have shocks, struts, and camber caster plates just waiting to be installed. Unfortunately the spacer isn't fitting without modifying brackets in some way.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Appreciate the candor. I like the idea of the Poweraid spacer because of the promised sound change. I will be getting a plenum and TB here soon after I (finally) receive my tuner and gears. I have shocks, struts, and camber caster plates just waiting to be installed. Unfortunately the spacer isn't fitting without modifying brackets in some way.
Im going to experiment on the intake side. As ive gone thru cliffy's page ive read alot. Yet i wanna try a spacer, old school style. Im going to construct a tb spacer and a plenum spacer out of wood. Then im going to test out both. I know i wont feel any power increase much however throttle feel i should. And since its cheap y not try it lol.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Poweraid spacer fits nicely. The problem was the throttle cable was hitting another surface and wouldn't close to the idle position. The spacer is 1" thick. They provided an adjustment plate that moved the throttle connections over the same inch and after that it stays open about halfway. I'm going to take it to the only American auto repair store I know of and see if you can fabricate it into there. I will be changing the TB and plenum too in the bear future as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts