Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 GT with a Magnaflow off road Tru-X into a Magnaflow Magnapck cat back and I really don't wanna get rid of my mid pipe and I know I could get shorty headers but are they really worth a waste of money when you compare them to the stock cast iron exhaust manifolds? I want a few extra power but I don't wanna lose my mid pipe.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
I have an 04 GT with a Magnaflow off road Tru-X into a Magnaflow Magnapck cat back and I really don't wanna get rid of my mid pipe and I know I could get shorty headers but are they really worth a waste of money when you compare them to the stock cast iron exhaust manifolds? I want a few extra power but I don't wanna lose my mid pipe.
I'm in the same boat lol I have stock manifolds with a Mac prochamber. I dot want to pay for a new midpipe but then I don't want to waste money on shorties if there not worth it lol idk I'd like to see what people have to say

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's exactly I feel. I've heard mixed reactions with shorties. I know long tubes are way better it's just I'm in your case too, don't wanna get a new mid pipe but don't wanna waste money on shorties when they don't do too much.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Yes that's exactly I feel. I've heard mixed reactions with shorties. I know long tubes are way better it's just I'm in your case too, don't wanna get a new mid pipe but don't wanna waste money on shorties when they don't do too much.
Yeah man well who knows lol i know longtubes are the best but how good are shorties? Maybe someone will chime in

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know man hopefully, I just wanna know are they more beneficial they are than the stock manifolds or not and even worth buying.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Don't know the power gain of shorties but I guy on here told me he went through hell getting longtubes on his stang which was your body style! Me personally if there is any concern in benifit over price on shorties I'd wait and spring for long tubes, however take into account the hell you'll go through putting them on! Took me 4.5 hrs but that's on a different body style

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know long tubes are crazy good when it's comes to horsepower gain. Significantly more than shorties, it's just that I don't wanna take out my mid pipe that I really like and that makes it sound real good and have to get a new shorty mid pipe so I was just wondering the horsepower gain if any in shorties. Also, I would have no idea how to install lol. I know simple bolt on mods but headers aren't really my thing lol.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Unless one of you're stock manifolds is cracked and needs replacement ASAP then get the shortie headers. Otherwise trying to replace them for gains wont be worth it, with longtubes you eliminate cats so you won't pass smog. Sell your midpipe and buy a matching set of longtubes and midpipe. Doing headers takes a full day for some people so might as well do longtubes they are better gains and sound so much better. Shorties you will see little hp and little sound difference.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll just stick with my Magnaflow x pipe and cat back and not worth messing with shorties. Thanks man, I appreciate it. Now I know!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Unless one of you're stock manifolds is cracked and needs replacement ASAP then get the shortie headers. Otherwise trying to replace them for gains wont be worth it, with longtubes you eliminate cats so you won't pass smog. Sell your midpipe and buy a matching set of longtubes and midpipe. Doing headers takes a full day for some people so might as well do longtubes they are better gains and sound so much better. Shorties you will see little hp and little sound difference.

I thought they made catted pipes for long tube?

·
Registered
315 Posts
All i know my buddy that helps me work on my cars said if i decide to put headers on my car to loose his phone number that day cause it is a pain in the ass cause ots so tight

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I hear a lot of people say don't get long tubes cause if you ever need to work on the trans you have to take the motor out to get them off. And my opinion short tubes are a waste of time for the little gain you would get.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I use to be long tubes or nothing but I am seriously considering bbk equal length shorties because that's what long tubes are equal length these shorties are stock replacement but will gain power and completely change the sound of the car

·
Registered
400 Posts
sam minnick said:
Them equal lengths are the way to go but i heard they are dam near impossible to get them in
That's why I am getting a shop to do it I know for a fact I'll snap a bolt in the head lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts