Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so AM has shorties now for the 3.7! I want to get my 0-60 down a bit more and long tubes take away low end torque hurting low end acceleration and shorties do te opposite? am I right? plz correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just had a forum and they pretty much told me its for underthe hood looks and to replace stock.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Stock cracked headers*

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
do you know if long tubes hurt 0-60?
Short headers do not provide any additional power acceleration benefits over your factory manifolds. The shorties are a waste of money if your looking for power gains. The shorties are just for looks. If you want to improve your 0-60 times , go buy headers and x pipe. More air in, more air out, more HP and torque is created. The faster the pony will go.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought 0-60 depended on low end torque therefore shouldn't long tubes hurt It. I understand what ur saying more airflow = better hp. I have longtubes but jw if switching to shorties would help my 0-60.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I thought 0-60 depended on low end torque therefore shouldn't long tubes hurt It. I understand what ur saying more airflow = better hp. I have longtubes but jw if switching to shorties would help my 0-60.
My low end torque never felt more powerful since I installed my long tube headers an x pipe. People claim you loose some low end torque. Idk, but I'm rolling around 4.7 to 4.8 on my 0-60 runs and I couldn't be more pleased with those numbers. If you switched to shorty headers that would be like installing your factory stock manifolds back on. Of course with one exception, you already have the manifolds for free, where the shorties are gonna cost ya 400 bucks or so. Shorty headers are waste of good other mod money when it comes to performance. Now, looks wise,the shorty headers look way nicer than the stock manifolds .

What kind of 0-60 times you looking to achieve? Where you want to be at time wise?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
ah gotcha. I am running I think the same set up as you are I believe. I think the only option to get it below 4.7 sec is FI. right?
I think your right on that. I would think you need some shots of NOS, supercharger or turbo charger. But after spending the money it cost to supercharge or turbo charge it to get under 4.7 0-60, better off just buying a 5.0 from jump. Lol. I couldn't be happier with 4.7 to 4.8 0-60 runs. Heck, I'm happy being just under 5 flat

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks bro. jus gotta get my rims painted or new black rims and the look will be complete n I have already told you this but your stripes are sick. I woulda done that if I hadn't done mine already!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
thanks bro. jus gotta get my rims painted or new black rims and the look will be complete n I have already told you this but your stripes are sick. I woulda done that if I hadn't done mine already!
Thanks man. I really appreciate that. It's nice to really put some personal touches onto a car to make it stand out from the average other guys mustang. Black rims on your white car will look great. It will really make your white paint pop more with the black wheels. Plus, black rims are way easier to keep clean and don't show the dirt like chrome wheels.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Bro, holy cow. Check these rims out I found at tire buyer for our sixer. There to fit 17 inch tires and these all under 140 bucks.

Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Tire Wheel
picture 1

Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Tire
picture 2

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Tire
picture 3

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Tire
picture 4

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Auto part
picture 5

Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke
picture 6

·
R.I.P. - 10/06/2021
1,234 Posts
I 'gained' a lot of low end torque with my long tube headers. Just saying......:)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I'm going shorty headers. Don't care who says otherwise, it's what I want. Already gonna have roush or borla and just changing the mud type ups the volume by like 11. Just me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts