Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm curious. I have full bolt ons, cams, and 410s. How hard is it to break when launching on drag radials? I'd love to be able to launch violently on some sticky tires but my car has 82k and its my DD. I really don't want to pop a tranny or rear end. Unleash the knowledge please.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's hit or miss if you want to leave like you are implying.
You can hook and get good times without dumping the clutch at 6k (although it is more fun that way).
Part of racing and modding things is breaking parts.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lowflyn said:
It's hit or miss if you want to leave like you are implying.
You can hook and get good times without dumping the clutch at 6k (although it is more fun that way).
Part of racing and modding things is breaking parts.
Yea I really wanna bang a wheelie. Or at least pick the drivers tire up. I guess that'll have to wait a year or so lol. But yea I'm comfortable with the breaking part. It's just that after the end of this year I wanna save up to buy a house so I'm gonna put the brakes on the mods. Street tires it is for now then

·
Registered
309 Posts
muscledom said:
So I'm curious. I have full bolt ons, cams, and 410s. How hard is it to break when launching on drag radials? I'd love to be able to launch violently on some sticky tires but my car has 82k and its my DD. I really don't want to pop a tranny or rear end. Unleash the knowledge please.
If you had a set of stones, you would just try it 12-15 times and let us know how it goes.

No seriously, I have no idea.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BenGT07 said:
If you had a set of stones, you would just try it 12-15 times and let us know how it goes.

No seriously, I have no idea.
Less about the stones, more about the bones lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
muscledom said:
Yea I really wanna bang a wheelie. Or at least pick the drivers tire up. I guess that'll have to wait a year or so lol. But yea I'm comfortable with the breaking part. It's just that after the end of this year I wanna save up to buy a house so I'm gonna put the brakes on the mods. Street tires it is for now then
Bias ply tire would be your friend. Softer sidewall absorbs more shock.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lowflyn said:
Bias ply tire would be your friend. Softer sidewall absorbs more shock.
Tell me more. I'm planning on getting some 15s this Xmas and running cooper cobras for daily driving.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
muscledom said:
Tell me more. I'm planning on getting some 15s this Xmas and running cooper cobras for daily driving.
DRs are good for auto cause the drivetrain is preloaded, slicks are better for stick cause the softer sidewall

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I would not try hard launches on a dd ... I'm not even taking my car to a track until I have a daily... Not worth the scolding from my wife when I have the car towed home lol

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I never broke anything on my 02 gt with 4.10 and full bolt ons. Launched at 2500 and got a 13.2

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I'm looking to road race ... Corners separate men from boys .... I want to try auto cross but w my A-d-d I think I'd make up my own track out of the cones everywhere .... How in the world can anyone tell what is a lane and what's not

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Silversky545 said:
I'm looking to road race ... Corners separate men from boys .... I want to try auto cross but w my A-d-d I think I'd make up my own track out of the cones everywhere .... How in the world can anyone tell what is a lane and what's not
It's really not that hard...

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Nice. I focused most of my mods on tires and suspenion because that's what I like to do. Lol it's confusing the first time but after you're first run its easy. This is my fav run I did http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E9iwCFkPJEM

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yea.... I would totally run through lanes ... Ill wait to try my skills on a track where I see road... Grass ok stay on road lol

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Silversky545 said:
Yea.... I would totally run through lanes ... Ill wait to try my skills on a track where I see road... Grass ok stay on road lol
If its your first time do a few walk throughs and ride with a few different experienced drivers. You can figure out the course as well as the most efficient lines to take.

If you screw up and miss a turn the worst thing you do is take out a few cones, just don't drag them through the rest of the course.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If its your first time do a few walk throughs and ride with a few different experienced drivers. You can figure out the course as well as the most efficient lines to take.

If you screw up and miss a turn the worst thing you do is take out a few cones, just don't drag them through the rest of the course.
+11

1 - 20 of 23 Posts