Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it look ok ? I really want some 4.10's!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2426494064&category=33731&rd=1

·
Registered
941 Posts
you may want to see more pictures and ask him of their condition. otherwise, you're good to go! ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
he's definitely cleaned them up nice if those are the actual ones he's selling. go for it. you know how to correct your speedo afterwards right?

also, are you wanting to just add a few things to make the stang faster, or go all out? budget? sorry, i just never have liked the smaller 7.5 rear. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I win them i'll be geting a chip too. I'm in college so I have a budget, maybe just some gears, nitrous maybe a new cam.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
also, are you wanting to just add a few things to make the stang faster, or go all out? budget? sorry, i just never have liked the smaller 7.5 rear. :)
7.5 sucks! :p

·
Registered
941 Posts
it's sounding like you are wanting to mod your car a lot. i have nitrous as well and slicks waiting for me. you won't be able to do the same with the 7.5 with an reliability. not even drag radials. by the way, the TOTAL cost of an almost new GT's rear, 4.10s, gear install, and seling my old stuff cost me a total of 500 bucks. and i didn't have massive connections either.

·
Registered
941 Posts
erick said:
I was looking at 600 4 the gears, t-loc and install. How did you pull 500 off?
do you have aol instant messenger?

aim: atrusmstng

i'll be online for another 30 minutes or so if you want to catch me there.

-austin

·
Registered
941 Posts
erick said:
Nope, wish i did. I'm fixin to go to sleep anyway
ok here we go then, what i got and for how much:

3k mi old 02 GT's 8.8 rear with brakes: 275$ picked up in person
4.10 gears and supplies: 156$ shipped, 25$ for supplies
install of gears: 150$

GT rear brakes: -30$
my old axles: -70$
my old housing: -40$
the 3.27's out of the 8.8: -36$

i may have forgotten a part or two, but it turns into about 500 bucks when it's all said and done.

and don't forget tlok comes stock in GT's.... that saves 160 bucks right there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
erick said:
I'm to cheap for an 8.8 :p . Hope my 7.5 holds.
buy a girdle and youll be fine.

Unless you plan on running 12's and dumping the clutch with real slicks, you wont have anything to worry about.

Pete used 7.5" rears on his car all the time. He went through 3, but hes also running 12's. 8) He only recently stepped up to a 8.8" because hes shooting for 11's :twisted:

8.8 install isnt that hard. with 2 people, and some air tools, you can ahve it done in a couple of hours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts