Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I have a 02 v6 it's that red on in the pictures but there's a place here in town that wants a v6 and there willing to trade an 03 GT for it and I got them my car and 500 for this! Should I do it?

03 GT rebuilt 71,000 miles and a saleen body kit!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Alloy wheel

·
Registered
223 Posts
Seems too good to be true, that Saleen clone is sexy looking, and why would they just give it up like that. There's a story here that you're not getting, dealers specifically, DO NOT DO THAT. They're in the business of making money.

Get the VIN, and then get a Carfax report on it, study it over. Have the car THOROUGHLY looked over by a pro, look for all the tell-tale repair or damage signs. An engine rebuild and a body kit would have my spider-senses tingling, looking for body damage, flood car issues, etc. Something is up, just gotta find out what, because that car is likely worth more than $500 more than your V6 (no offense intended).

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Looks great! If the title and car fax are clean buy and drive it! Wouldn't change a thing! It's a clone, not your average Mis-badge.. From that one pic it looks like a good job was done!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Looks great! If the title and car fax are clean buy and drive it! Wouldn't change a thing! It's a clone, not your average Mis-badge.. From that one pic it looks like a good job was done!
Carfax only shows what is reported to carfax. Its a nice thing to have, but not as reliable as they make it seem. Ive actually seen several vehicles lately with clean carfax reports, but had obvious flood damage or frame damage. With katrina and sandy messing up soo many cars you have to be very careful.

And OP, remember the golden rule: if it sounds too good to be true, then it is. A stock gt is worth way more than your v6, so for them too want only 500, redflag. Its a car lot in the business of making money, not losing it, redflag. Wipe your hands of it and walk away. There is something very wrong with that car.

·
Registered
223 Posts
This is a very good point, CARFAX is not the authority on all possible damages or issues. I will say it helps to know where the car has been, and what may have happened to it, but in the end a carefully trained eye is your best bet. I've run into this as well where a car had a clear title but had obvious issues. Cars can be transferred from state to state and titles "flipped" and cleaned of any issue, or the issue just never reported in the case of many flood / hurricane / disaster cars. The laws are very different from state to state, so it is very easy to "clean" title to damaged cars in some of them.

Buyer Beware is always the best approach when buying a used car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts