Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
You lose back pressure with that and with no back pressure you lose HP
depends on the car? These 5.0s don't seem to have that problem. Everyone says taking the cats off won't gain any HP, might even loose some from loss in back pressure, yet people are getting 15-20 HP gains doing this. I felt the gains immediately when I did this. I know this because I also spun the car out on a turn because I drove her like I normally would and didn't account for the gains!

I don't think I have seen anyone straight back a 5.0 yet. If someone is going to do it, they need to before and after Dyno!

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
You lose back pressure with that and with no back pressure you lose HP
So you are telling me that when people run LTs and O/R x/h pipes with small or no mufflers they lose power? Usually people pick up 15-20 horses from that.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

depends on the car? These 5.0s don't seem to have that problem. Everyone says taking the cats off won't gain any HP, might even loose some from loss in back pressure, yet people are getting 15-20 HP gains doing this. I felt the gains immediately when I did this. I know this because I also spun the car out on a turn because I drove her like I normally would and didn't account for the gains!

I don't think I have seen anyone straight back a 5.0 yet. If someone is going to do it, they need to before and after Dyno!
The new 5.0s wake up really well with a more free flowing exhaust.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
So you are telling me that when people run LTs and O/R x/h pipes with small or no mufflers they lose power? Usually people pick up 15-20 horses from that.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

The new 5.0s wake up really well with a more free flowing exhaust.
I'm saying they need some kind of back pressure

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

I'm saying they need some kind of back pressure
What I already said is why I don't agree. Right now this engine is doing things people have said it wouldn't. So until someone does straight pipe and sees a loss in power, I am not going to agree with you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts