Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a new Mazda 6. Yesterday I took my 2002 Mustang to the Mazda dealership. My 2002 Mustang only has 49,000 miles on it and works fine; the only thing wrong with it is part of the bumper needs work (this past winter when parking, I slipped on some ice and the car hit a barrier wall). The price quoted to me from Dent Eliminators to fix the bumper was $550.

Anyway, the Mazda dealership appraised my 2002 Mustang at $4,500 -- they told me they would have to deduct $1,500 from the trade-in value because of the bumper! I told the guy I was quoted at $550 to have it fixed! I said, "Do you mean to tell me you'd give me $6,000 for this car?" The Kelly Blue Book Value is $5,800 for a car in "good" condition. Even the "fair" condition is $5,085. I left without buying a car.

Should I get the bumper fixed? I couldn't believe he told me they would deduct that much!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
They are jerking your chain. It would not cost them anywhere near what you would pay to fix it (if they even bothered). I think I would find another dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Edit: That's really nothing. I am sure it is just the mount that has broke. It is a little piece of plastic that is around $10 at most. If I were you, I would go to your local Ford Dealer and ask for them to fix it. Or, just compare around to get estimates.

Best of Luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
So you say, ok, I'll have my bumper professionally fixed tomorrow, will you give me the $6000?

Now, you should be ready to buy, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts