Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a friend that bought a car from chevy and he had it a month and notice gap in one of the fenders (nothing major) and he didnt like it so he took the car in and the service guy told him that he didnt buy and Audi or BMW so its not always gonna be perfect. So he then made a complaint and got it fixed. So who care if your picky if your not satisfied then push to get it the way you want it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a friend that bought a car from chevy and he had it a month and notice gap in one of the fenders (nothing major) and he didnt like it so he took the car in and the service guy told him that he didnt buy and Audi or BMW so its not always gonna be perfect. So he then made a complaint and got it fixed. So who care if your picky if your not satisfied then push to get it the way you want it.
Why I won't buy a Chevy

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I found trash in the paint on my car grrrrr! It really bothers me so I get it! Ask them to fix it! :)

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would take it back and at least point out the flaws. Did it come with any type of warranty?
Yes lifetime on paint! Per State Farms regulations. Yeah I'll be calling them Wednesday!

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

It's hard to see during the day, but I think it was called lazy tech! wouldn't show up in photos.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
I would starry the conversation by saying. "Does someone do a spot check on the techs paint work before it leaves the shop"? If they say yes then say, "Well can you track who that person was because they let my car leave here with paint flaws". Trap them into that question otherwise they will just say oh we didn't do that or we checked it before it left and it was fine.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I took mine back after the repair. At first he was like, oh yeah, we just gotta wet sand it a little more and buff it out. Two days later I get it back and it still looks the same minus a few runs. When I brought it up again he got all defensive and said it was already like that. They claimed to have repainted my entire door (at least that's what they charged my insurance) and every area that they painted I've found several imperfections and dirt partials. His excuse was that I got money back on the repair cost. Example: I bought a cf hood so the money my insurance included to repair and paint my old hood went towards the new one. Body shops are crooks I've dealt with 5 and 2 of them were dealerships. They were all worthless in the end.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would starry the conversation by saying. "Does someone do a spot check on the techs paint work before it leaves the shop"? If they say yes then say, "Well can you track who that person was because they let my car leave here with paint flaws". Trap them into that question otherwise they will just say oh we didn't do that or we checked it before it left and it was fine.
That's exactly what I'll do and I'll do it in person. That way they can't hide behind the phone.

I took mine back after the repair. At first he was like, oh yeah, we just gotta wet sand it a little more and buff it out. Two days later I get it back and it still looks the same minus a few runs. When I brought it up again he got all defensive and said it was already like that. They claimed to have repainted my entire door (at least that's what they charged my insurance) and every area that they painted I've found several imperfections and dirt partials. His excuse was that I got money back on the repair cost. Example: I bought a cf hood so the money my insurance included to repair and paint my old hood went towards the new one. Body shops are crooks I've dealt with 5 and 2 of them were dealerships. They were all worthless in the end.
Yeah that's what I'm worried they're going to say. I think my rebuttal will be that's your fault, if took an extra $ 180 to get it right then you should've kept the money!

Then yesterday, I noticed they forgot a retainer clip on the cabin air filter housing and the splash shield under the fender well is missing a retainer. Ugh!!

This is why I want to paint everything myself. I hate shifty bastards who do **** work.
I wish I knew how.. I guess they're under pressure to get done and make a profit so quality sacrifices a bit.

My brother was saying that they got some lazy techs at their dealership. They had an X5 that needed some body work, and from what he said you didn't want to be working in the body shop that day.

After the tech made it right the manger said, one more f*up like this, you're gone!

·
Registered
74 Posts
paint job

Many of you know the story, as to why I had paint work done, but I keep noticing things.. Am I just too anal or should I make them redo it?

A lot of people think I'm ridiculously picky, so I'll let y'all decide...
It's your hard earned cash, never settle for less. I'm going through the same problem. MY car, make it right!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts