Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all my mustang lovers I need you guys help and advice. I purchased a 2012 Mustang GT in may/June for around 23-24k. And now I want to swap/trade it in for a 2013 GT lol I guess my
?'s are has anyone else done this? Would it work? Is it worth it? This would be my first time trading in a car so soon so I'm not sure if the process is any different or if it would be a pain in the butt...so any advice, opinions, would help thanks!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Stangin87 said:
Hey to all my mustang lovers I need you guys help and advice. I purchased a 2012 Mustang GT in may/June for around 23-24k. And now I want to swap/trade it in for a 2013 GT lol I guess my
?'s are has anyone else done this? Would it work? Is it worth it? This would be my first time trading in a car so soon so I'm not sure if the process is any different or if it would be a pain in the butt...so any advice, opinions, would help thanks!
Of I could go back to June... I'd get the 12 instead. Immediately have supercharger funds plus a couple grand

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If this does any help, i went to buy a red, which is my favorite color 2012 5.0, i ended.up getting the black 2013 off some online pics because it was that badass! That being said, i dont regret it one percent!
You need to see where you stand financially

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
You would lose a lot of money on the trade, and the negative equity can be rolled over to your new loan. It all depends...I don't think it's worth it for another gt. if you had a v6 I would say go for it.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Are you trading in a base GT for a premium GT?... If not the I wouldn't simply because there isn't enough changes between the two for it to be worth it!.. Factor in that you are now trading in a used car, so your not going to get near what you paid for it!..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you trading in a base GT for a premium GT?... If not the I wouldn't simply because there isn't enough changes between the two for it to be worth it!.. Factor in that you are now trading in a used car, so your not going to get near what you paid for it!..
thanks for that bit of info. I guess I just like the way the 2013 looks haha. I mean I'm good financially and could do it, but just wondering if its worth it. If not forget it lol. Does anyone know if they have the 2013 body kits that will fit the 2012?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Take it up an inquire about it, never hurts to ask.. Maybe they will make you an offer you can't refuse..

Now, would I do it, no... Like said before, the amount of changes is minimal.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
thanks for that bit of info. I guess I just like the way the 2013 looks haha. I mean I'm good financially and could do it, but just wondering if its worth it. If not forget it lol. Does anyone know if they have the 2013 body kits that will fit the 2012?
Check out American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts, and Late Model Restoration!.. I know they have all kinds of stuff (body wise) for your car!..

·
Registered
389 Posts
You can turn your 12 into a 13 cheaper then gettin a 13. Can get the black mamba setup which includes a better hood and the gt 500 bumper. I don't care much for the rear or front lights. There's better after markets ones out there. If you want the smoked tail lights just tint them or buy the smoked glass piece. Same thing.

·
Registered
720 Posts

I'd say you should wait to see what the 15 looks like

·
Registered
268 Posts
2012 for sure. That's a big loss for diff hood, rear lights, and the tree you get on your display. The power plant is the same. I'd wait til 14-15 to see what they come up with. No point in trading for basically the same car. either way food luck with whichever way you go!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Do it now and reap the benefits of the added 8hp. The worlds gonna end on the 21st anyway. Lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
Do it now and reap the benefits of the added 8hp. The worlds gonna end on the 21st anyway. Lol
There you go! Just buy the 20th so if it doesn't end you can return it! Haha

·
Registered
559 Posts
Changing everything to a '13 would be a major PITA. If you have the funds I would trade it. Otherwise, every time you see a '13, you'll be sick.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
BlackBetty5.0 said:
Could not agree more, both cars are pretty much the same. Although I do love the look to the 13' tail lights. Not so much the 12'
Those tail lights are the reason I didn't get a 13.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts