Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend offered me his 65 mustang hardtop and he wants it back but i have no expierience in mechanics and i want to have it. so my question is do you think it will be possible for me to do this in 4-5 years and how much will it cost, its been in the ground for 20 years. there are little rust spots but mostly in ok condition for 20 years. also i can get spare parts from my friends scrap yard so it may cut costs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Definitelystangs are great cars and have started to become more popular now with their brand new model. Go to a local paint shop and get it repainted. By starting to get the easy stuff fixed such as paint you will be more excited to keep fixing it because it will look great overall.
In price i can't give you an exact estimate because i don't know what you have to do but look around $2,000 if that's in your price range. Once again i don't know what all you have to do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think its worth it, restoring cars is a lot of fun and when your done it will be worth the work. it will cost you about $10,000 to restore if you can use that scrap yard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts