Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
When I had my headers and clutch installed I let the mechanic know to give it a listen when it was cold and he said he listened around and said it sounds like it's coming from the motor, but he couldn't quite figure out what it was and just told me not to worry about it lol. Hes done pretty much all the work on this car short of the cosmetic stuff the intake and the suspension. Hes even the one who did the opg's and has a 14 gt himself. I should of told him to pull the stretchy belt off while he was listening. I personally dont think its the stretchy belt off though because I'd think the noise would change while messing with the HVAC controls.
It sounds like your mechanic didn't think it was significant, so don't obsess over it. Just move forward with your plans. If it breaks down the road, fix it then.

Anytime you do major performance upgrades like a blower, you should be ready to deal with consequences. Most of the time it works out well, but there is always a chance you will break the weak link in the chain so to speak. The possibility is ever present and goes with the territory.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm certainly aware something can happen and expecting it to at some point but I want to stay at 600 whp or less especially in the beginning so I'd hope it would last a good long time with a reputable dyno tune. I just dont want it to let go in 50 miles

'11 gt w/brembo package & fbo cammed 01 gt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ticking Noise

I listened to your noise and it sound to me like a noise from a pulley or something in that area. It was to slow of a tick to be an internal engine noise. What I would do is disconnect your serpentine belt and then start it for just a few minutes to see if you hear it if you don't then you know where to look. I have had damper pulleys crack and make a very similar sound. Give it a try you have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I listened to your noise and it sound to me like a noise from a pulley or something in that area. It was to slow of a tick to be an internal engine noise. What I would do is disconnect your serpentine belt and then start it for just a few minutes to see if you hear it if you don't then you know where to look. I have had damper pulleys crack and make a very similar sound. Give it a try you have nothing to lose.
I have thought that as well but it goes away when the car us warmed up. worth a try though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts