Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i did a search but didn't come up with much that has to do with our 3.7 unfortunately. I have been listening to every exhaust sound clip I can find for the last week or two and have still not made up my mind. I really like the idea of side exhaust, i have no idea why. Anyone know of a side exhaust system for out V6? or maybe someone has had a shop make one?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Go to an exhaust shop. They should be able to fab up a system for you. May need a body shop to make cutouts on the sides if you want that look. Only problem would be the holes in rear valence. You could do a boss style setup. With dual rears and sides. I'm not really a fan but it's an option. A good exhaust shop should be able to fab up almost anything though so ask around.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
What about the appropriate back pressure. The boss has plate to remove and allows it to be unrestricted. I am interested with it but idk what it'll sound like. A manual switch would be nice to switch it on and off

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you checked out AmericanMuscle.com I'm pretty sure that they have a side exhaust system for the V6. Roush maybe

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked out AmericanMuscle.com I'm pretty sure that they have a side exhaust system for the V6. Roush maybe
nah, your thinking of the boss system that has side and rear. I was thinking that the exhaust shop was the way to go, need to find a decent set of high flow mufflers now.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i know i have a 3.9L but i did have a side exhaust for a few months...i hated it...unless you can find some side skirts made for them it just looks weird at least to me...then sound wise the drone was insane. it literally lasted 2 months till i could buy a new setup.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Turn them down so they face the road. But being a straight pipe it'll probably have a lot of drone. Especially at cruising

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
THe M80 mid mufflers will be a good option for you if you are looking to have mufflers. They are light and shallow and will be easy to work with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts