Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What muffler base would you suggest for side exhaust, borla is out. And it won't be seen it will be completely under neath the car. I would like something to make the v6 "have more balls" without a motor swap

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
blkstang said:
What muffler base would you suggest for side exhaust, borla is out. And it won't be seen it will be completely under neath the car. I would like something to make the v6 "have more balls" without a motor swap
Are you talking about side or quad? Quad exhausts generally bypass mufflers. Id look at a kit for side to see what fits.

·
Registered
588 Posts
He said its a Duaflex Elanor Body Kit. I'm on my phone so I can't get the link to his thread. It's in the appearance section and the topic is ( finishing touches )

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah something like that but it won't be ran out the side skirts. Its hard to understand because u can't see it. So just turn the pipes at the cats and run them out what will this sound like in a v6 or did I understand that right to bypas the muffler

·
Registered
179 Posts
You need more piped than cat and 90°. There isnt enough back pressure for the car to run correctly. I had mine custom made with just the X pipe and piped out the sides. I lose a little in low end performance but gain it plus some back in higher rpms. Its a nice deep sound. I tried video recording it. But it dosnt turn out very well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts