Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since i'm going to be getting the cobra front i was thinking about making a cobra R replica. Any one know where i can get the exact same exhaust. or atleast the tips.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Its the Borla Side Exit exhaust, you can find some cheap on ebay, just searh for Borla Side Exit.

·
Registered
800 Posts
if you get any exhaust Borla is the best bang for the buck for any v8 setup for sure, i can hook you up with a deal if you are interested.... just PM if you would like some more info....

- Jeff

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I searched for the tips at one time...couldn't find them anywhere however...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Not really, the way the mufflers are made your exhaust has to do a U turn in them.....:)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Dom said:
If you mean by not having a muffler and comming right off the headers...then yes. They do.
Dont get crazy and think for one minute you would even really like running side exhaust without mufflers on a street car!!!!! Have some sense. Already side exhaust is damn loud. Why would you want a car that loud. Not only would you be breaking the law in just about every state. But it would sound like ass. With side exhaust that has no mufflers driving with the windows down in about as obnoxious as hell. You might think it is cool for a couple of days but it would get old damn quick.

Be real and dont make your car the scourge of the neighborhood and street.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Danger Dude said:
With side exhaust that has mufflers driving with the windows down in about as obnoxious as hell. You might think it is cool for a couple of days but it would get old damn quick.
er.....ah.....NO. I have Spintech side exhaust and they are not even "obnoxious" and don't seem to be any louder than rear exit exhaust. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
er....ah....YES. Obnoxious is relative to age. Kids think loud is very cool and Adults think very loud is obnoxious!!!! I personally dont really mind sort of loud but wake the dead loud is not nearly as cool as kids think it is!!!!

Oh I made a typo also it was suppose to say" With side exhaust that has no mufflers driving with the windows down in about as obnoxious as hell."

·
Registered
11 Posts
er......ah......OK....side exhaust with NO mufflers is for sure beyond obnoxious!!! as for age...well I'm like geezerly and my Spintech side exhaust sounds sweet, especially with the windows down! :) but then again my hearing could be going out...eh? what??

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I love my side pipes, but now lookin at "Vee6" I want to do somehting like that. (my driver side pipe is dented and bent.... Grrr. Hey Vee6 hit me up please i would like more info about your set up, pics?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I want more pictures too

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
:headbang:
Thats awesome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually its not the tips that scrap the most....it seems to be the pipes that come under the frame. Not bad at all, just got to watch it going over speed bumps.....nothing anybody with a body kit wouldn't watch out for. My "flat world" is California: home of Freeways and Low-Riders. No back hills folks here :lol: ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I live in South Carolina, with back hill country folks, and Im damn proud. I have side exhaust on my Stang, and they dont scrap that bad, mostly it is the pipe that runs under need the frame of the car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts