Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Side marker reflectors on rear bumper, how do you remove them???
yes is it same on 9495??i want to paint mine black and stick them back up there

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I'm doing.. Anyone???

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Just called American muscle. The snap out... Go behind the reflecter from under the bumper and push it out

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah that's what I'm doing.. Anyone???

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Just called American muscle. The snap out... Go behind the reflecter from under the bumper and push it out
cool...well thats easy enough:)

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't take the reflector off, so I had to night shade it on the car. It came out alright. Use modeling tape, not scotch tape like I did, tape was hard to get off. The night shade bled through the tape. All in all, it looks better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is what I am planing on doing with mine. Hate the red in the middle of my black bumper. So you couldn't get them out or didn't try?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
FYI: Hopefully I can explain this clearly- One of mine fell off. It appeared that there are two parts to it. The outer piece was just red transparent plastic. There was a coating still on the bumper that provides the "reflectiveness" when light hits it. The areas where I put silicone onto the red plastic no longer gave that "glowing, reflective" effect after it dried. The adhesive blocked the magic reflective coating on the indentation of the bumper.

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slngshott said:
That is what I am planing on doing with mine. Hate the red in the middle of my black bumper. So you couldn't get them out or didn't try?
I tied. I tried to pop it out with a flat head. It didn't work

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was considering getting mine carbon fiber rapped when i have my trunk done, my mustangs dark blue so i feel like it would look decent, any opinions?

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Horseplay said:
Sweet price. It looks clean as hell and I might need a new one soon mine is starting to look real faded out and boring.
This is what I did I took mine off and I painted it with a black satin paint. Never faded again looks same as the very first day I got it. There directions under that thing that Brent posted for v6 modifications. Very first thing on our v6 page. Just scroll through it...

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

That or google it... 99-04 mustang Crowl removal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts