·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nhcowboy said:
Yes.

And they are bad a$$!!!
Under $200 too!!!

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

And you can see out the windows unlike other louvers and they are flush so they flow with the car and don't stick out!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Those are pretty badass looking. I wish the glass didn't have to be removed though otherwise I'd be interested in them.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
primer2tone said:
If you do them, make sure you publish a write up. I'm curious as to how much work goes into the install.
Silver horse had the instructions at one point posted... It really isn't that bad...

Pick up the glass seal cutting wire tool and sealant for SHR when buying the louvers.

Paint the louvers.

Remove some interior parts to gain access....

Tape around the body so when using the wire tool to cut the seal you don't damage paint.

Remove the glass...

Apply new sealant.

Place louver (painted by now) so it sits perfectly flush.

Let sealant dry.

Boom.

http://silverhorseracing.com/installation-tech-images-pdfs/S297-300 Louver Installation.pdf

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
they do look good, but go drive around and when you pull across into traffic and need to look back at an angle and the window isnt usable it SUCKS

·
Registered
327 Posts
SpectorV said:
they do look good, but go drive around and when you pull across into traffic and need to look back at an angle and the window isnt usable it SUCKS
Are you talking bout ur cobra? don't know if its different on 10+ mustangs, but in my new edge I haven't had to use my quarter windows ever.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
on the 05+ models, for my 2012 if I am pulling across a road and have to look back at an angle without the quarter windows it would be impossible to see

1 - 14 of 14 Posts