Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure what RPM's the 2004 Mustang GT hits max power and torq??...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yup! 260 HP & 5250rpm and 300 lb-ft @ 4000. 95% sure about it; not too far off I'd wrong.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know of where or how I can find out for sure?.. I plan on going to the track and play around with my shift points a bit!.. Just don't want to mess with them too much!!... Lol

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hawk said:
Do u have the sohc or the dohc engine?
I know that it happens to all of us (brain farts that is)!.. Lol. But my ride is a 2004 Mustang GT with a 4.6L SOHC and automatic. I'm not sure if it being an auto makes any difference in what the power band is and all!..

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have an 04 auto as well lol. The only thing having an auto affects is gear ratios, drivetrain loss, and shift points, but doesn't affect the power band at all. If you get a good set of gears, you'll be doing better ET's all day. M

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I know that... Lol. I just want to know what rpm's it is spinning at max power... Every where I turn one says this and another says that!..

·
Registered
19 Posts
If your car is putting down 260whp stock. It is a factory freak! Most of them will make around 215-230 from the factory. Peak power is going to change depending on what you have done to the car. Just get it on a dyno, do a power pull and see where your power is.

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's rwhp though. Lol I hate how there like 3 different ways to regulate hp lol why can't it all just be rwhp, the power that's actually put down cause who care how much it does at the motor that's irrelevant cause you lose so much power threw your drivetrain

·
Registered
711 Posts
TheJigShow said:
Yup! 260 HP & 5250rpm and 300 lb-ft @ 4000. 95% sure about it; not too far off I'd wrong.
---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

That's at the motor

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Shift it just before 5500 thats as good as it gets. unless you start modding. a better intake, TB, spacer, and headers will net you a few more peak RPM but for a starter go with a 5400-5500 shift. Definitely dont bother going past 5500...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am making power well into 6k so go put it on a dyno an fin out where your peak is and that way you will know for sure. There is no reason to do guess work when a single pull is cheap

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am making power well into 6k so go put it on a dyno an fin out where your peak is and that way you will know for sure. There is no reason to do guess work when a single pull is cheap
A single pull may be "cheap"... But you got to have the cash for it first!.. Lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lol. True. Just put your foot in it man and hold it until you feel the car fall on it's face. You will find the sweet spot.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol. True. Just put your foot in it man and hold it until you feel the car fall on it's face. You will find the sweet spot.
Lol. Ya but the wife yells at me when I do that!.. Lol. But it is still fun to do!!... Lol. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts