Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While surfing through You Tube I ran across this Fox Mustang with single chamber Flowmasters on it. Anyone here running these?

Single Chamber Flowmasters on a 5.0

If you like LOUD, then these are for you. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm running the single chamber cherry bomb extremes and I think they sound awesome, and def worth the usual cherry bomb price , the flows are more expensive but I think you can get them in stainless.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm running the single chamber cherry bomb extremes and I think they sound awesome, and def worth the usual cherry bomb price , the flows are more expensive but I think you can get them in stainless.
:cool: Got a sound file for those?

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Hahahaha! Me 2! :D
I might take the 2 chambers off and try a set of these.
Have to look out for the Po Po though. :eek:
I alternate between straight pipe and putting the mufflers on. Might get them ran all the way to the back instead of dumped though. Still a lot of drone with the 10 series dumped.

·
Banned
699 Posts
I think theres a little more then just the flowmasters there how ever its hard to tell i am only listening on a 3g iphone and the camera was pretty close to the shop it may just be an echo. To bad the camera person wasn't in a better location. Eather way didnt sound to bad.

F.y.i. I love the sound of streaght pipes but only if u go true dual and dump it out infront of the rear tire and on the side of the car. "side pipes". i may still hear the ringing but it was worth every secound!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Hawk said:
I think theres a little more then just the flowmasters there how ever its hard to tell i am only listening on a 3g iphone and the camera was pretty close to the shop it may just be an echo. To bad the camera person wasn't in a better location. Eather way didnt sound to bad.

F.y.i. I love the sound of streaght pipes but only if u go true dual and dump it out infront of the rear tire and on the side of the car. "side pipes". i may still hear the ringing but it was worth every secound!
IMO it sounds awful on a street car, and without proper tuning mods, it's just going to slow you down..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is there even a real difference between straights and single chambers? The way I understood it the better flow you get(no restrictions) meant more power, have I been told wrong?

·
Registered
168 Posts
LX5011 said:
Is there even a real difference between straights and single chambers? The way I understood it the better flow you get(no restrictions) meant more power, have I been told wrong?
correct me if I'm wrong but free flow is good for top end horsepower but some back pressure is good for low end tourqe. It's one of those trade off kind of deals.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
I have single chamber bullit insynerator exhaust and I love it!..deffinatly loud and doesn't drone since I lost the cats;)...
Single chamber keeps(helps) from getting that bad ”cackle” straight pipes can have...

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
LX5011 said:
To realize the full benefit from zero restriction everything in your combo needs to be set up for that. Example is a mild type build with stock intake, heads, injectors, fuel pump etc etc will not benefit w/o a tuner or chip that is programmed for this set up. It's kind of a fine line, If you just run straight pipes the way your car is now you will move the power further up the RPM range and it will feel lethargic in the bottom end. This can be corrected with a tuner. This is from my exp only! A zero restriction exhaust will benefit a motor with a power adder more then any other IMO. It will sound fantastic but will slow down a car with mild mods with out proper tuning.
With that said I'm positive someone else will chime in with a differing opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks I just didn't really know the difference. I had 2 chamber offset at first and when I went to straights I noticed a big difference, about the same as when the cats came off so single chambers are the only thing left

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
deadsp0t said:
To realize the full benefit from zero restriction everything in your combo needs to be set up for that. Example is a mild type build with stock intake, heads, injectors, fuel pump etc etc will not benefit w/o a tuner or chip that is programmed for this set up. It's kind of a fine line, If you just run straight pipes the way your car is now you will move the power further up the RPM range and it will feel lethargic in the bottom end. This can be corrected with a tuner. This is from my exp only! A zero restriction exhaust will benefit a motor with a power adder more then any other IMO. It will sound fantastic but will slow down a car with mild mods with out proper tuning.
With that said I'm positive someone else will chime in with a differing opinion.
That's holds true with newer cars. Their computers are programmed for back pressure and need to be adjusted accordingly. The 94-95 is finicky as well.

The foxes do great with no back pressure. It's scavenging that you want to promote while getting rid of back pressure.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts