Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make my 97 v6 3.8 mustang sound pretty, but a little strapped for the cash. Was looking at exhaust kits, but then got to thinking that the main piece that I need is the actual muffler. Don't plan on taking the cats off or splitting to dual, and I was wondering if it was a good deal to buy a Flowmaster 40 off of ebay then have a local install it. So, what do you think? Keep in mind I'm looking for cheap and decent. Thanks

Link to ebay sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7914924702&category=33636

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Dang Flowmasters sound good. Any recommendations for a combination muffler + flowmaster exhaust to get?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never settling sounds great, but your feet can only climb as high as the ladder stands. Don't get me wrong, jumping is fun too, but it usually makes your ass hurt and I can't afford a sore bum right now either! ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
What is the actual sum of money you are working with would really help me to be able to answer your question. For example here in Greenville, SC I got a custom Dual Exhaust installed with Dynomax Ultraflows for $ 250.00 at a local muffler shop

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've got a single flow in mine now, just until I can get the duals welded in. save your $, go dual. THe single sounds fine, but eventually, you'll want duals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts