Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i've only seen one fox look good slammed....it takes a lot to pull off that look. i prefer a nice stanced setup.

like i said i've only seen one and this is it...it does have an IRS for those wondering

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've only seen one fox look good slammed....it takes a lot to pull off that look. i prefer a nice stanced setup.

like i said i've only seen one and this is it...it does have an IRS for those wondering

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/48181343166130355565287.jpg/
Okay I saw this photo before and started to save up to buy an 88' fox notch to slam. All because this picture is so attractive. Haha. Stance?! Nope. Did that on my ranger and it wears your tires so much!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
the downside to it now though is that you've lost it's functionality...i'd rather have something that i can push hard and have fun then be only for show

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the downside to it now though is that you've lost it's functionality...i'd rather have something that i can push hard and have fun then be only for show
Agreed! My Ranger is low, but since I didn't do a kit or cut coils, my shocks are totally useless because its slammed so hard! So I'll buy aftermarket shocks to make it functional. Which I have no problem with.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
ah fun....i use to own an '01 f150 ext cab...it was blacked out and i slammed it. fun truck...but back to the topic. Honestly i'd just set up a nice stance...here's a friends notch...it's not slammed but it sits just right for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
wheel gap is functional...you don't want to instantly bottom out when trying to get on it lol

and i'd take that white fox over any stang pre 2012...complete 4v transplant with every other bit of the cobra taken with it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wheel gap is functional...you don't want to instantly bottom out when trying to get on it lol

and i'd take that white fox over any stang pre 2012...complete 4v transplant with every other bit of the cobra taken with it
Oh don't get me wrong it's a fly car, but I like 'me low. Ha. I don't want to bottom out. Trying to avoid that in the stang. Haha.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i think for what you're wanting a fox isn't the right choice in car honestly...just an observation

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think for what you're wanting a fox isn't the right choice in car honestly...just an observation
No way. I love Foxes more than any other stangs on the road. No doubt. Gt-500, 427R, GTs, and SVTs are all cool, but foxes are the best.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
so cut the springs...simple to do and you'll have the car lowered in a couple hours if you're slow. Does great and works like a charm

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
to cut the springs...simple to do and you'll have the car lowered in a couple hours if you're slow. Does great and works like a charm
Not going to ever do that. I'm afraid I won't like it or eventually want to go back to stock. So yeah. If anything I'll junkyard some springs then cut the spares. But yeah. Doesn't it ride bouncy if you do that?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
nope...the ride stays pretty close to what it is now. i've cut a lot of mustang springs lol and at first i was worried too, but now it's just another day at the office. fox springs are nice because they transfer weight well...make great drag springs (4 cyl ones are the best)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nope...the ride stays pretty close to what it is now. i've cut a lot of mustang springs lol and at first i was worried too, but now it's just another day at the office. fox springs are nice because they transfer weight well...make great drag springs (4 cyl ones are the best)
So if I find like 2.3l springs would that do me any good?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Youll need to cut...but youd want to install them first to see by how much..youll have to play it safe and cut 1/4 coil at a time to not go to low

1 - 20 of 27 Posts