Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to sleeve a 351 Windsor it's already .060 over can I sleeve it and put back to stock bore I found sleeves online for 10 bucks each. Any input is appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My opinion is that the cost of the sleeves then the machine work to install the sleeves and final machine of the bore and deck after the sleeves are installed is not worth the money. 351w blocks are plentiful just find another block to start with

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there plentiful but I bought the motor then tore it apart and saw one cylinder had rust on the walls. I was thinking maybe just sleeve that one cylinder back to .060 and get running and sell it to help with the rest of my project. Do you think I could do that and still make a profit back?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I know there plentiful but I bought the motor then tore it apart and saw one cylinder had rust on the walls. I was thinking maybe just sleeve that one cylinder back to .060 and get running and sell it to help with the rest of my project. Do you think I could do that and still make a profit back?
How bad is the rust can you post a picture of it. If it is surface rust run a hone in it and be done if it is pitted then you will need a sleeve.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am hoping it's just surface rust and I can put some iron rings on it and it will still seal. I was told iron rings will seal to just about anything I really just want to put it back together and sell it I bought another 351 that I heard run and tomorrow I'm picking up a t5 I'm hoping on putting it in the car and have it running by the end of January.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts