Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what size slicks or drag radials to run on my 10 hole wheels. Any pictures of what you guys are running so I can see how they look. I want the most contact between the tire and the track.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I was wondering what size slicks or drag radials to run on my 10 hole wheels. Any pictures of what you guys are running so I can see how they look. I want the most contact between the tire and the track.
Either would work for you. Probably an 8" wide tire would be the max width on the 10 hole wheels.
How much HP are you working with?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
378 on the spray and 324 off. what are some sites that have good deals on drag radials and slicks

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
378 on the spray and 324 off. what are some sites that have good deals on drag radials and slicks
Try our site sponsors. Some of them give discounts to forum members.
Visit their forums for instructions.

AM

LRS

The MT ET Streets seem to be a more popular choice these days.
I believe a set of those coupled with some aftermarket control arms and maybe an air bag on the passenger's side wll provide you the traction you seek. :good:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Try our site sponsors. Some of them give discounts to forum members.
Visit their forums for instructions.

AM

LRS

The MT ET Streets seem to be a more popular choice these days.
I believe a set of those coupled with some aftermarket control arms and maybe an air bag on the passenger's side wll provide you the traction you seek. :good:
OR

Sorry, but you can't do that on here. It is the same as advertising for your company/workplace and the administrator doesn't allow it unless he has spoke with and approved the company for advertising.

TH

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Any one have picture of what they run on 10holes?

I was thinking about some 275/50/15 et streets or bfgs

Or some hoosier qtps or slicks or mt drags 26 tall

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
wc3john said:
OR

Sorry, but you can't do that on here. It is the same as advertising for your company/workplace and the administrator doesn't allow it unless he has spoke with and approved the company for advertising.

TH
????? He was listing our site sponsors.he is staff and I'm sure he knows the rules.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Stockish302 said:
Any one have picture of what they run on 10holes?

I was thinking about some 275/50/15 et streets or bfgs

Or some hoosier qtps or slicks or mt drags 26 tall
Run ET Streets bro. They look awesome and hook good. I won't put another tire on the back of my Stangs

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
????? He was listing our site sponsors.he is staff and I'm sure he knows the rules.

I wasn't aware Discount Tire was a sponsor?
And, his tag under his name says "member" not "Staff".

If that is the case, then I apologize for the mistake.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
He was refering to you I thought.I'm lost lol.yours says staff
Hahaha! No I removed the text in his post referring to Discount Tire, then initialed it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im going with some et streets or hoosier qtps, im might get the et streets because its more of a street-able tire, now what size to get 235/255/275

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Im going with some et streets or hoosier qtps, im might get the et streets because its more of a street-able tire, now what size to get 235/255/275
Measure your rim width, then go to a tire sales website and look up the tire sizes you are interested in. They will usually advise you of the correct rim width.

Too narrow a tire and the rim will pull the outer edges up reducing the contact patch size.
To wide a tire and the tire will either cup in the middle at lower pressures or ballon out in the middle at higher pressures also reducing the contact patch size.
It is very important to match tire and rim widths. :good:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wheels are 15x7 and all the tire sizes are minimum 7 and 7.5 mimimum wheel size.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
The wheels are 15x7 and all the tire sizes are minimum 7 and 7.5 mimimum wheel size.
It looks like the optimum tire size is a 235/60/15 for the stock 10 hole wheels.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What about the 255s think they will work? I want to have the biggest tire on it as possible since im going for a big shot of nitrous planning of putting a 150 on my tfs kit

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
What about the 255s think they will work? I want to have the biggest tire on it as possible since im going for a big shot of nitrous planning of putting a 150 on my tfs kit
Here's a Tire Size Comparer so you can get an idea of what different sizes look like on the rim.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for help, I ordered the 255 et streets today

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Thanks for help, I ordered the 255 et streets today
You're welcome. :good:
Post pics of them mounted for future fitment reference if you can.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts