Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a set of slicks but I'm afraid of breaking my rear end. I was wondering if I get a seet of nitto DR 275/50/15, if these will help at all or if it just a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Ive actually heard of a few rearends letting go on just street tires. I think it happend to SpectorV. I guess it just depends on the situation. :| thats about all I can tell ya.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah 7.5's are fickle. some can withstand lots of slick runs and some break on street tires, go figure. i wouldn't run anything below a 2.0 60' without upgrading to an 8.8 or beefing up the 7.5.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i broke my 7.5 with jsut street tires and bolt-ons. i have seen a 7.5 stand up to a 100 nitrous shot off the line and a 4000rpm drop while on slicks. the 7.5 is a very tempermental rear. if you feel lucky, get slicks, but it will last only a few passes. i seriously doubt you have the hp to push slicks though.

a set of nittos will be fine. just dont do any clutch drops or high rpms brake stalls and you should be fine

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just broke my t-lok using T/A 255-50-16R drag radials Friday night on my 7.5 rear end. Ran some good times up to then. Just part of the game with the lighter duty equipment. Will have my new one in Thursday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts