Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting opinions and personal experiences with both of these...I'm looking at upgrading my brakes, since my rotors are warped and wanting good info on both. Also..if anyone has any sites with front brake kits it'd be nice.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just get slotted not drilled. Drilled can warp if you do road racing. When they get really hot. Check out the brake section. I posted a thread call'brake upgrade. Brent put an awesome link in there. Soooooo many dope brakes. Btw, this will prolly be moved.

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess I'm blind cuz I don't see a "brake section"...

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Js281GT said:
Just get slotted not drilled. Drilled can warp if you do road racing. When they get really hot. Check out the brake section. I posted a thread call'brake upgrade. Brent put an awesome link in there. Soooooo many dope brakes. Btw, this will prolly be moved.
wait a second, im not claiming to know brakes, but isn't the purpose of drilling rotors to help the cooling. Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought that was the case

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
yah my brakes started warping and i jus got some new blanks. blanks are fine unless you want to show off or do some dragging.

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya..but if I'm wanting to upgrade brakes, might as well go with slotted

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
drilled and slotted rotors USED to help cooling but the design of pads today do not need these, and a flat rotor will out stop a drilled/slotted rotor due to this.

drilled adn slotted rotors look good, but thats it never rag on them on an autox track and get them hot or they will crack in no time....

slotted is as far as i would go, i have slotted and drilled and they get a little wobbly after 10k miles when you really get on the brakes but normal driving is fine.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
tedness said:
yah my brakes started warping and i jus got some new blanks. blanks are fine unless you want to show off or do some dragging.
yeah i did blanks as well..brembo to be exact w/ hawk carbon-ferro pads

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have brembo blanks too but here's what I think.

Blanks are good because you have the most surface area out of any rotor. Make sure, though, that even your rear brakes are vented. Slotted rotors are what I prefer because they allow the gasses that build up when you brake to escape and you still have enough surface area to cause friction and get the job done. Drilled rotors aren't good for us because you lose all the surface area. For people saying that they crack it should be because there is so little space between the holes that the rotor gets weak. It might just be a bad design. As for drilled and slotted, don't do it on a street car. My .02

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
all my friends with their imports complain about the cd/slotted rotors all the time. just get a cobra upgrade w/ blanks. unless your on the 16" wheels.

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm upping to 18's...

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And I can't find an upgrade anywhere with blanks, so I think I gonna go with just slotted.

·
Registered
517 Posts
lowflyn said:
And I can't find an upgrade anywhere with blanks, so I think I gonna go with just slotted.
Slotted are the way to go. Good upgrade & they last really long.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sorry the thread is in the suspension & drivetrain section for the link. "good brake upgrade"

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
if you want extremly good stopping compared to stock and not breaking your wallet cobra brakes work wonders, i probably picked up 20 percent shorter stoping or more who knows but she will halt when ever i want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts