Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running straight pipes right now, and have bee for about a year.. It's loud but more of an annoying loud, it's also loud on the inside, so I'm wondering which of these two mufflers would sound better.. I want a loudness from them but not annoying loud like straight pipes.. I have stock mid pipe and would only be able to go catted x or h due to emissions.. Thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'm running straight pipes right now, and have bee for about a year.. It's loud but more of an annoying loud, it's also loud on the inside, so I'm wondering which of these two mufflers would sound better.. I want a loudness from them but not annoying loud like straight pipes.. I have stock mid pipe and would only be able to go catted x or h due to emissions.. Thanks
I LOVE my LM1s, I got the stock midpipe and the LM1 still sound f*ckin awesome..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-CDHvCuLNgk

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Yeah that sounds pretty good. Does it sound raspy in person?
A bit But bot really, Too me it's almost perfect, it's not loud unless you want it to be, it realllllly starts to growl at half throttle, wot it screams, but if your just cruisin and takin it easy, it's not loud but you still hear the signature sound of the SLPs

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
With him SLP man they have balls.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd go SLP! They just sound mean when you get on it and when your crushing in fifth there isn't much drone, I have glass packs with my rear 2 cats delete on the stock h, its as close as you can get to SLP for cheap

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yeah they are amazing. Cruising sounds mean an when you open her up its just pow right in the kisser. And like he said 5th no drone. Quite peaceful after having it being loud.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I put o/r h on there with loudmouths and it's loud cruising sounds mean as hell then you stomp on it and it's wide open screaming

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Its amazing, one second your unleashing hell then another your quiet as can be
Yep I absolutely LOVE my LM1s for that..I researched which catback for months, heard nearly every type for the 4.6 in person, nothing really compared to the LM1s to my ears, there just so MEAN, just like mustang936 said..you could easily unleash hell at any second with them, and quiet them down at anytime if you'd like..I tend to keep my screaming lol

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I put o/r h on there with loudmouths and it's loud cruising sounds mean as hell then you stomp on it and it's wide open screaming
Thats coming up after my February inspection..can't wait! Lol

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
NJstanger said:
Yep I absolutely LOVE my LM1s for that..I researched which catback for months, heard nearly every type for the 4.6 in person, nothing really compared to the LM1s to my ears, there just so MEAN, just like mustang936 said..you could easily unleash hell at any second with them, and quiet them down at anytime if you'd like..I tend to keep my screaming lol

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Thats coming up after my February inspection..can't wait! Lol
Yeah I'm keeping my stock midpipe to slap on during inspection

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the LM1s really loud on the inside? I have straight pipes and its super loud inside.. Rather annoying

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Not really a lot comes from the rear seats but windows up radio on you won't hear it. But windows up no radio isn't bad. And depends if you have cats or nit

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
image-3119099776.jpg

But they sound better than straight pipes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts